Suggestions needed for hosting the local B & B association meeting.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We run ours on a more coffee morning kind of basis but last time we got a local restaurant to cater to show off their wares so to speak. We just sort of turn up mingle and wader about with chairs for the people who need to sit. people are real and don't all expect to sit.

Fruit kabobs are elegant and simple. Just break the kabob sticks in half to make them smaller; cheese and crackers, stuffed cherry tomatoes, crudites and dip, nuts, key lime cookies for dessert.

cool..........cheese, fruit......sweets.
No baking, no cooking.......all that much better :)

Fruit kabobs are elegant and simple. Just break the kabob sticks in half to make them smaller; cheese and crackers, stuffed cherry tomatoes, crudites and dip, nuts, key lime cookies for dessert..
You can always make a chia head...
chiahead.JPG
BTW, that's my contribution to the food list.

i know it's bad, but a big hit at parties is the dip for fruit ... equal parts marshmallow fluff and mayonnaise ... flavor with vanilla or lemon zest.

i know it's bad, but a big hit at parties is the dip for fruit ... equal parts marshmallow fluff and mayonnaise ... flavor with vanilla or lemon zest..
seashanty said:
i know it's bad, but a big hit at parties is the dip for fruit ... equal parts marshmallow fluff and mayonnaise ... flavor with vanilla or lemon zest.
wow...really?

I am relentless with the fruit platters at group gatherings...people never bring them, maybe a watermelon today, or maybe a fruit salad all mooshed up together, but a simple fruit platter makes a statement and always is nice!
Canteloupe, Honeydew, Sprite Melon, Kiwi, Strawberries and red grapes. I was going to add a pineapple for the center, but used the other half of the sprite melon since most have never had it, and it is so dang cute!
lrg_Fruit_Plate.jpg

I am relentless with the fruit platters at group gatherings...people never bring them, maybe a watermelon today, or maybe a fruit salad all mooshed up together, but a simple fruit platter makes a statement and always is nice!
Canteloupe, Honeydew, Sprite Melon, Kiwi, Strawberries and red grapes. I was going to add a pineapple for the center, but used the other half of the sprite melon since most have never had it, and it is so dang cute!
lrg_Fruit_Plate.jpg
Yummy....looks great and I am sure tastes great too:)

lrg_Fruit_Plate.jpg
That does look pretty!

lrg_Fruit_Plate.jpg
YUM! Love the way you cut the kiwi.

Guess what? It got cancelled. Everyone is on vacation.
What...on vacation? THis is prime tourist season...or do they all have innsitters????? Go figure
catlady said:
What...on vacation? THis is prime tourist season...or do they all have innsitters????? Go figure
Go figure is right! This meeting was to be an "alliance" meeting of the local business and innkeepers. This would be landscapers, restaurant owners, tour operators, etc. I know that some of the bigger inns around me do have staff. Some even have live ins. I give up. I have enough to do as it is.

catlady said:
Go figure is right! This meeting was to be an "alliance" meeting of the local business and innkeepers. This would be landscapers, restaurant owners, tour operators, etc. I know that some of the bigger inns around me do have staff. Some even have live ins. I give up. I have enough to do as it is.
I can't believe It!!!! after all that!!! I have mine tomorro (coffee morning style) so DH and I are off to see what there is to see. It is always me people see so sometimes I think they think that he is imagninary LOL

Not prime tourist season here....it is dead for tourism. Always this way after the 4th of July until Labor Day.
Every place is different.........depends on their location. :)

Back