Sweet Breakfast Ideas

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A long time ago our experts said that Aunt J emima pancake mix was as good as from scratch. I now jazz it up with cinnamon, a little sugar, a handful of pecan pieces and about 2/3 c per 1 cup dry mix of cooked steel cut oatmeal. I bake the pre-cooked sausage links with canned apple pie filling watered down a little with some apple juice. Then you can add a second side of potatoes if you want. Really pretty easy and gets rave reviews..
I like the idea of putting a little oatmeal in it.
Do you put the apple/sausage thing on top or as a side? Are you using the lil' smokies?
I use it as a side but some of the apples sort of drip on the pancake. Use Bob E vans pre cooked links. Lil smokie s sounds good. Also sometimes put a little BBQ seasoning or sage in the apple pie filling before baking.
Maple syrup also on the table.
BBQ seasoning in the apple pie filling... that sounds interesting!

A long time ago our experts said that Aunt J emima pancake mix was as good as from scratch. I now jazz it up with cinnamon, a little sugar, a handful of pecan pieces and about 2/3 c per 1 cup dry mix of cooked steel cut oatmeal. I bake the pre-cooked sausage links with canned apple pie filling watered down a little with some apple juice. Then you can add a second side of potatoes if you want. Really pretty easy and gets rave reviews..
I like the idea of putting a little oatmeal in it.
Do you put the apple/sausage thing on top or as a side? Are you using the lil' smokies?
I use it as a side but some of the apples sort of drip on the pancake. Use Bob E vans pre cooked links. Lil smokie s sounds good. Also sometimes put a little BBQ seasoning or sage in the apple pie filling before baking.
Maple syrup also on the table.
BBQ seasoning in the apple pie filling... that sounds interesting!
Of course, that's only if I'm baking the sausage and apples together!

we have a fav blueberry F. Toast made the night before...that was shared from another Innkeeper which does not mind sharing...and it has been a win ever since. Easy to make and overnight
Blueberry F. Toast
1 loaf of cinn bread-if you don't have cinnamon bread reg Italian or French works just fine, sprinkle with cinnamon upon laying layers
6 ounces of cream cheese 11/2 cup milk 5-6 eggs
1/2 cup sugar 41/2 tbs flour 2 tsp vanilla 1-2 cups blueberries (eyeing it)-you can use other fruit if you want, just cut them in chunks (peaches etc)
Pre-heat ove to 350
Spray 9x13 or smaller or larger with pam. Cut half the cinnamon bread/Italian/French in cubes and layer half of it on bottom of pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon if using reg bread. If not sprinkle with blueberries. Place rest of bread on top of blueberries
Place all liquid ingredients in blender and blend till smooth. Pour blender mixture on top of bread. Refrigerate overnight, or let rest for at least 10 minute for bread to soak eggs.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, if you need to hold the f. toast, cover it lightly, turn oven on low. It will hold and not turn dry. To serve sprinkle the plate with cinnamon powder, place piece in middle and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Its simple but the guests have raved about this and now its become our favorite to go recipe. You can also use raisin cinn. bread.

Back