Taboo Subjects

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been know to put a sign in my window for a candidate I liked. He was not from my political party but I not only put up his sin, but I wrote the first political campaign donation check ever to him.
If I get asked, I will put a sign in my window for my Senatorial candidate - on the residence side of the house. I can always blame it on DH. We do not Politick, but until 5:30 am on election day, I can have a candidate - at that point I am a poll worker and shut up and do my job..
gillumhouse said:
He was not from my political party but I not only put up his sin,
Hmmm...that is funny on so many different levels...
What a difference a typo makes!! Funny thing is he was one of the few upright politicians. He lost that election by the way because he only opened his mouth if he had something worth saying. He became the Director of Veteran Affairs in WV and recently retired from there. He was a driving force behind building the Veterans Nursing Home here. Larry Linch is "good people".

I kid you not- I went out to pick apples this morning and there was a snake under the tree! Is it a sign? Maybe I really do live in Paradise!
angel_smile.gif

I kid you not- I went out to pick apples this morning and there was a snake under the tree! Is it a sign? Maybe I really do live in Paradise!
angel_smile.gif
inncogneeto said:
angel_smile.gif
What did it say to you?

angel_smile.gif
inncogneeto said:
angel_smile.gif
What did it say to you?
He ran away as fast as he could!
You know when I wake up in the morning, Satan shudders and says, " oh crap, she's up!"
(Stolen from someone's e-mail signature...
devil_smile.gif
)

angel_smile.gif
inncogneeto said:
angel_smile.gif
Well...the rest of the story, did you take a bite?

That was in one of Fred Chappell's essays, I believe - don't remember which book, though.

A wise and well respected (if not spirited) person once said
pls i beg of you no politics on this forum...pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasssssssssssssssssssseeee
I wonder what that person would have to say about this:
...republican or demoncrat.
angel_smile.gif
devil_smile.gif

angel_smile.gif
inncogneeto said:
angel_smile.gif
Making Pie.

angel_smile.gif
inncogneeto said:
angel_smile.gif
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
inncogneeto said:
angel_smile.gif
OK, I will drag out this out story...when we moved to our new house in VT, there were 'feral' apple trees all over the property. There were apples all over the ground. I picked one up, shined it nicely and offered it to hubs. He shuddered and said, 'No thanks!' I muttered, 'Hmmm, worked for Eve...' and walked away.

I have been know to put a sign in my window for a candidate I liked. He was not from my political party but I not only put up his sin, but I wrote the first political campaign donation check ever to him.
If I get asked, I will put a sign in my window for my Senatorial candidate - on the residence side of the house. I can always blame it on DH. We do not Politick, but until 5:30 am on election day, I can have a candidate - at that point I am a poll worker and shut up and do my job..
gillumhouse said:
He was not from my political party but I not only put up his sin,
Hmmm...that is funny on so many different levels...
I laughed out loud when I read that.

No way, no signs on the yard. If you put one up, it is likely to turn the other half the population off (assuming a 50/50 split ;) ) Over breakfast, we tread lightly around discussions of politics and religion. Some people can handle the discussions, some can't..
I find this interesting when there are many B&B's that advertise in association with their religious beliefs, we even have one in town that offers discounts for clergy...
inncogneeto said:
I find this interesting when there are many B&B's that advertise in association with their religious beliefs, we even have one in town that offers discounts for clergy...
Advertising that an inn is owned by Christians is different than putting a sign in the front yard, or ramming religion down a guest's throat during their visit. We give a military and clergy discount... mostly because we think both groups work very hard for very little and deserve a break. We're happy to talk religion, but only if a guest brings it up and is clearly interested.
Absolutely no sign in the yard. (And I've been shocked to see a sign in a neighbor's yard... I'd never have guessed they would vote for that candidate!)
We want our guests to feel welcome here, regardless of their politics, religion, or other controversial reason why they might disagree with us!
=)
Kk.
Do you give discounts to clergy of all faiths or just the one you belong to? Just curious...
inncogneeto said:
Do you give discounts to clergy of all faiths or just the one you belong to? Just curious...
All faiths.
I would prefer not to give it to someone who got a mail order license to perform marriages but does not actually work in ministry. We'd probably give it to any full-time worker (in any faith) even if they are not "clergy" per se (e.g., full-time youth workers are not always considered pastors but would qualify).
We get a houseful of clergy and/or other full-time ministry types at least three times a year for a seminar held nearby. It's tempting to cancel the discount, but I build it into our rates. Besides, we really do feel they deserve the break, and we only give it to those who request it (which means if they don't read the website and ask for it, I'm not asking them if they ought to receive it!). Dh, OTOH, insisted on giving it when we hosted a local pastor whose house was being repaired after a fire. Even though the pastor's insurance was covering the lodging cost, dh insisted on giving the discount. Oh well.
Theology is sort of a hobby for us... I would LOVE to have clergy of other faiths here, especially if they are willing to tell me more about their belief systems and worship practices. (Although I suspect many don't like to talk shop while on vacation.)
=)
Kk.

No way, no signs on the yard. If you put one up, it is likely to turn the other half the population off (assuming a 50/50 split ;) ) Over breakfast, we tread lightly around discussions of politics and religion. Some people can handle the discussions, some can't..
inncogneeto said:
Advertising that an inn is owned by Christians is different than putting a sign in the front yard, or ramming religion down a guest's throat during their visit. We give a military and clergy discount... mostly because we think both groups work very hard for very little and deserve a break. We're happy to talk religion, but only if a guest brings it up and is clearly interested.
Absolutely no sign in the yard. (And I've been shocked to see a sign in a neighbor's yard... I'd never have guessed they would vote for that candidate!)
We want our guests to feel welcome here, regardless of their politics, religion, or other controversial reason why they might disagree with us!
=)
Kk.

Back