Tech upgrade for our rooms

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camge

Reaction score
Hi, I don't post often, but thought these might help someone else. Even though we have chargers on our room clocks, guests always seem to unplug lamps and move furniture to get to outlets. We found these and they seem lkie they will help the problem. Will see if they do in time. They are called "cubie minis" they have 2 outlets and 2 charge portals. They attatch with velcro to your desk or end table. You can find them online. They are not too expensive. Just hoping for less moved furniture!

We bought something similar, but it's actually three outlets plus 2 USB and the outlets are universal outlets, so you can plug in a North American, European, Asian or even Australian plugs. So far all the guests are happy, especially the Aussies and Europeans, who sometimes forget their adapters.

I used these in the new rental apt
http://www.nathosp.com/product/1199eb_c/lamp_collections

I was looking at this on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/cart/view.html/ref=nav_cart

Are those weighted? I got an alarm clock with outlets but it tips over all the time and falls off the desk if you look at it too long.

They are weighted, and they supply heavy duty velcro to stick them down.

I have my eye on an eight plug hub on amazon which comes with two USBs in black or white. Its eight sided circle so the plugs can be as bulky as they want to be and you can still get eight on it. I tried to post it here but swirt's policy wouldn't let me.

I have my eye on an eight plug hub on amazon which comes with two USBs in black or white. Its eight sided circle so the plugs can be as bulky as they want to be and you can still get eight on it. I tried to post it here but swirt's policy wouldn't let me..
What policy won't let you post a link or a photo?

I have my eye on an eight plug hub on amazon which comes with two USBs in black or white. Its eight sided circle so the plugs can be as bulky as they want to be and you can still get eight on it. I tried to post it here but swirt's policy wouldn't let me..
Duff2014 said:
I tried to post it here but swirt's policy wouldn't let me.
??

What policy won't let you post a link or a photo?
7-Way-Universal-outlet-with-2-usb-port-Orange-power-strip-vertical-tower-socket.jpg
The ones that I got a like the "safemore" except that I got 1 level high with just 4 outlets. But I got the "Universal" outlets, so that guests from other countries don't need a plug adapter. So half the size, but like this...

Duff2014 said:
I tried to post it here but swirt's policy wouldn't let me.
??
I'm going to try again.

41IVfoMmWqL._SS100_.jpg

So I tried again.... I think the white one would be easier to keep clean looking.

41IVfoMmWqL._SS100_.jpg

So I tried again.... I think the white one would be easier to keep clean looking..
See, my problem with that one is the bright blue light. You might need light dims for that.
Generic said:
See, my problem with that one is the bright blue light. You might need light dims for that.
On Car Talk they're always hearing from people whose check engine light stays on all the time, though there's no problem with the engine. They always tell people to cover the offending light with a piece of black electrician's tape. I guess a dark fingernail polish would work too. I've seen women use fingernail polish and shoe polish to fix many problems of the world!

Back