Tesla slobs

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom

Reaction score
[OK, I know that's click bait]
Just to show how much of a misery pit this B&B has become, I find only 1 in 4 Tesla owners care to properly re-coil the charging cable when they are done: coil it around the charging unit, coil it on the hook but in a figure 8 or leave the charge connector hanging loose or even on the ground! Guys! (and they are ...)
I mean, dog owners clean up after themselves.

Sort of like the women who do what they wouldn't do at home and ignore makeup removal face cloths to use the white towels. Sometimes people on vacation forget their manners I guess.

We have had two Tesla drivers visit during the limited time we have had a charger available, number one was a super nice guy, showed off his car and explained the operation to me, number two was the sort Tom speaks of, each time the charger was used the cord was just dropped in the wet grass for someone else to put away, after a few such times the charger quit working and he moved on perhaps to cause problems at the next location.

We have had two Tesla drivers visit during the limited time we have had a charger available, number one was a super nice guy, showed off his car and explained the operation to me, number two was the sort Tom speaks of, each time the charger was used the cord was just dropped in the wet grass for someone else to put away, after a few such times the charger quit working and he moved on perhaps to cause problems at the next location..
Is it non-functional now or did it just trip the breaker (I hope). We have had some sloppy rehanging, but not just left in the grass.

This just in: Rich people who can afford expensive cars are self-centered and selfish.
let-me-show-you-my-shocked-face-quitmemes-com-14212859.png

This just in: Rich people who can afford expensive cars are self-centered and selfish.
Careful. Some of our innkeeping colleagues can afford Teslas and drive them responsibly.
Not every rich person is a dink, just like every poor person isn't a drain on society. Something I spend too much time explaining over breakfast.

We have had two Tesla drivers visit during the limited time we have had a charger available, number one was a super nice guy, showed off his car and explained the operation to me, number two was the sort Tom speaks of, each time the charger was used the cord was just dropped in the wet grass for someone else to put away, after a few such times the charger quit working and he moved on perhaps to cause problems at the next location..
Is it non-functional now or did it just trip the breaker (I hope). We have had some sloppy rehanging, but not just left in the grass.
gillumhouse said:
Functional again now, the breaker didn't trip and I can't say the failure was the result the cable being dropped a couple of times in the wet, yet I wouldn't expect electronics to like the dampness. I spoke by email to our Tesla contact and they exchanged the unit.

gillumhouse said:
Functional again now, the breaker didn't trip and I can't say the failure was the result the cable being dropped a couple of times in the wet, yet I wouldn't expect electronics to like the dampness. I spoke by email to our Tesla contact and they exchanged the unit.
Nice

Careful. Some of our innkeeping colleagues can afford Teslas and drive them responsibly.
Not every rich person is a dink, just like every poor person isn't a drain on society. Something I spend too much time explaining over breakfast.
Morticia said:
Thanks. And I've had a lot of Tesla drivers charge at my inn charger. Not a single one has ever failed to neatly replace the charging cable just as they found it, touch wood.

gillumhouse said:
Nice
Tesla seems to be staffed with nice folks, if that detail and caring extends to the folks that purchase the vehicles I see them being very successful, I think most of us hate having to go to our dealership with a vehicle.

Laughing Out Loud. The post was tongue-in-cheek, but thinking further ... the Tesla guests have been great folk, not acting entitled; if you want to show off wealth, there are other, better cars. Some owners have technical backgrounds, but most not. It seems to me that Tesla has made an immensely complex technology so transparent that the car is viewed as more like an iPhone than a machine. That black cable delivers miles, not kilowatts. To me, a 240 volt 50 amp circuit demands respect, but it's not live until plugged in and told to pump electrons.
Goes to show: running a B&B teaches you a lot more about human nature because you have so many more humans to learn from.

Back