The 5 - 10 - 5 Rule

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've finally found my place on this forum.
lightbulb.gif
I'm the straight man for Swirt..
SweetiePie said:
I've finally found my place on this forum.
lightbulb.gif
I'm the straight man for Swirt.
LOL... The Tiki Hut Lounge called and wants to book us for the week ;)
You're right, it's time we took this dog and pony show on the road.
thumbs_up.gif

Sorry I have to disagree with this technique. put the eggs in cold water. Bring to the boil. Turn off. PUt the lid on and remove from the heat. THen proceed with the 10 min. and the cool down etc..
El is right. Here is a connection to directions from our state egg association in the pdf.
http://lancaster.unl.edu/nebline/2003/mar03/page11.pdf
My husband has his Phd in poultry and the thing he would add to this and to El's directions is that the eggs must degrade. You can have eggs degrade with age, a few weeks old or set them on the counter for the day and then boil them. If you don't age the eggs, then they won't peel well.

Another cooking 'breakthru'...I use natural pnut butter for cookies. It usually means dumping the whole jar out to stir the oil back in. Bought a jar on Friday and when I got home I flipped it upside down so it was sitting on the lid. Today, when I opened it, the oil had 'risen' and was nicely distributed thruout the pnut butter, so I only had to scoop out what I needed.

Back