The claw foot tub - old fashoned comfort or impractical romantic notion? Discuss

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am hoping you kept the clawfoot tubs! I work for a company that sells reproduction vintage style Clawfoot Tubs.They are so beautiful and people absolutely love them!

I am hoping you kept the clawfoot tubs! I work for a company that sells reproduction vintage style Clawfoot Tubs.They are so beautiful and people absolutely love them!.
Lovely to look at but hell to get out of as one ages - then it moves to impossible.

I am hoping you kept the clawfoot tubs! I work for a company that sells reproduction vintage style Clawfoot Tubs.They are so beautiful and people absolutely love them!.
So you thought that it would be acceptable to SPAM? Makes me question the ethics of the company behind the product.

Well, seeing as someone resurrected this thread, I'll tell you what we decided.
We are getting rid of the clawfoot tub. A few reasons. 1. The inside is not in great condition. 2. More than once, someone has grabbed the shower curtain to help them climb out of the tub and ripped the curtain down. That just sounds like an accident waiting to happen, so, it's gone.
3. A shower in that room will make it very luxurious. It's a big bathroom. "Down the hall" so people are always disappointed when they see it. But if it is the prettiest, biggest bathroom in the house, maybe not so bad.
I am switching out the wall mounted, antique marble sink with a Victorian style porcelain console sink. Antique look, but won't fall off the wall.

Well, seeing as someone resurrected this thread, I'll tell you what we decided.
We are getting rid of the clawfoot tub. A few reasons. 1. The inside is not in great condition. 2. More than once, someone has grabbed the shower curtain to help them climb out of the tub and ripped the curtain down. That just sounds like an accident waiting to happen, so, it's gone.
3. A shower in that room will make it very luxurious. It's a big bathroom. "Down the hall" so people are always disappointed when they see it. But if it is the prettiest, biggest bathroom in the house, maybe not so bad.
I am switching out the wall mounted, antique marble sink with a Victorian style porcelain console sink. Antique look, but won't fall off the wall..
When my claw foot was the ONLY option (had a "telephone " shower attached), I did not have a shower curtain for just that reason. Himself would have used it to steady himself - although he could never have gotten in it - and I looked at a suspended from ceiling shower curtain rod as a disaster in waiting. I just put towels on the floor behind it and hoped people would be accurate with the spray.

Old time looks are great. I love it. But I want a modern bathroom, with a shower.

since someone decided to pull up this old thread to talk about what they sell ... let me mention that I use ringless or hookless shower curtains in all showers. Hard to explain, just look them up online. They have an opening that runs along the top that allows you to pull off a shower curtain even just moving slow in under a minute, same with putting them back up. Washing shower curtains between guests (yes) makes this so easy. And the ease of hanging them up in weird configurations is great.

It is too bad to read that you had to remove your clawfoot tub! It's understandable since you have had the potential for accidents but it is also sad. There is just something so luxurious about anything vintage.

It is too bad to read that you had to remove your clawfoot tub! It's understandable since you have had the potential for accidents but it is also sad. There is just something so luxurious about anything vintage..
I love a tub full of bubbles esp. when inn-ing. Usually don't have time for them back home in the real world.

Back