The disappearing housekeeper

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent one last text. "I take it you decided not to work for us. I wish you had said something. I wish you luck with your housekeeping business."
It's a small town. No bridge burning in public. Something I guess she doesn't know. If her name comes up among innkeepers, I will tell the story.
I like a closed book, I guess.

I sent one last text. "I take it you decided not to work for us. I wish you had said something. I wish you luck with your housekeeping business."
It's a small town. No bridge burning in public. Something I guess she doesn't know. If her name comes up among innkeepers, I will tell the story.
I like a closed book, I guess..
Trust me, you're better off moving on. I had a housekeeper that called in sick her first day which was a busy Saturday. Even coughed a couple times to tell me that she didn't want to cough on me and husband and get us sick. Then said that she'd see us on Sunday (how sick could you be if you'd be fine tomorrow). I told her I hoped she felt better but not to bother coming at all, she was un-hired! No time to deal with employees like that.

I like a closed book, I guess..
Trust me, you're better off moving on. I had a housekeeper that called in sick her first day which was a busy Saturday. Even coughed a couple times to tell me that she didn't want to cough on me and husband and get us sick. Then said that she'd see us on Sunday (how sick could you be if you'd be fine tomorrow). I told her I hoped she felt better but not to bother coming at all, she was un-hired! No time to deal with employees like that.
We had one who showed up at the door on her first day with a cup of coffee, blowing Cig smoke at me who said she couldn't work that day. Then she left.
She lasted a couple of days and when she quit showing up she told people it was because we didn't pay her.
Two weeks after we heard that around town she came to the door to get her check, pretending to talk on her cellphone, and just stuck her hand out. Never said a word.
Most entitled bitch I ever had the displeasure to hire.
Now when someone quits we must mail the check. Who needs that grief.

Latest posts

Back