The Second B

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would expect breakfast at a bed and breakfast.
I would not expect breakfast at an Inn or Lodge or Cabins (I think a couple people here have little cabins set up - very nice)..
Crystal B said:
I would not expect breakfast at an Inn or Lodge or Cabins (I think a couple people here have little cabins set up - very nice).
There is breakfast, a muffin and coffee... if you want a hot cooked meal then you pay for it. That is the question - would you expect to PAY for a hot breakfast at a B&B? Seems many are doing this and guests are not happy!
smileystooges.gif

I would expect a hot breakfast at a B and B.
Crystal B said:
Unfortunately for some B&Bs they are not allowed to serve a hot breakfast. The town of Sonoma California (when we lived there) did not allow it. I think some islands, like the Cape in New England, are not allowed.
RIki

I would not expect breakfast at an Inn or Lodge or Cabins (I think a couple people here have little cabins set up - very nice)..
Crystal B said:
I would not expect breakfast at an Inn or Lodge or Cabins (I think a couple people here have little cabins set up - very nice).
There is breakfast, a muffin and coffee... if you want a hot cooked meal then you pay for it. That is the question - would you expect to PAY for a hot breakfast at a B&B? Seems many are doing this and guests are not happy!
smileystooges.gif

Crystal B said:
Unfortunately for some B&Bs they are not allowed to serve a hot breakfast. The town of Sonoma California (when we lived there) did not allow it. I think some islands, like the Cape in New England, are not allowed.
RIki
egoodell said:
Crystal B said:
RIki
This is true. I stayed in a place on the vineyard that set out dixie cups of orange juice and sarah lee crossants. You got 1 each and yelled at if you helped yourself to seconds. (which I did, then discovered they only set out enough for the 6 guests they had that morning.)

I stayed at a B&B that provided coffee and a danish. Don't get me wrong danishes are good if fresh. This was in Palm Springs at a hefty price tag. They were left out on a cart in the courtyard to help yourself. We went out (outside entrances for each room) for breakfast and thought, HUH?

Crystal B said:
smileystooges.gif

Crystal B said:
RIki
egoodell said:
Crystal B said:
RIki
This is true. I stayed in a place on the vineyard that set out dixie cups of orange juice and sarah lee crossants. You got 1 each and yelled at if you helped yourself to seconds. (which I did, then discovered they only set out enough for the 6 guests they had that morning.)
The Farmers Daughter said:
egoodell said:
Crystal B said:
Well that's not an excuse for a poor breakfast like that! Most of them have super pastry breakfasts. Sorry you had that kind of treatment. But that is one of the reasons we left Napa. The insolent behavior and totally undeserved prices of things. We refused to put up with it.
Riki
RIki

Crystal B said:
smileystooges.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
smileystooges.gif
A little late on this one...we paid $45 extra to get a hot breakfast near Charleston. We could have had the muffin thing included but hubs wanted real food. She did not want to make breakfast so she charged a fortune if she had to. We met some of her friends in town (VERY small town) and they asked if we were staying locally. When we said we were they asked where so I told them. When the friends found out she COOKED they all laughed and asked if it was edible. Made us wonder if she had to pay someone to come in and that's why she charged.
She also didn't do any daily housekeeping. No idea why she was doing what she was doing other than for the money.

Back