The value of free

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Listen world, "When you win a free night stay it is the B&B WHO IS GIVING IT TO YOU"
I just wanted to get that off my chest.
Apparently they don't think that THE B&B (meaning us) are the ones who donated the free night stay for the contest. And act entitled or something...? They should friggin' walk in the door and say "Wow this is great!" or something...
In other news, it was a RADIO CONTEST back stage passes, front row seats and more, because it is a MUSIC EVENT, so that is where they advertise, the listeners of the music.
I reported on another thread the guests are very large. They body slammed the front door that has a sign "Please ring bell" hanging on it, after ringing the bell they tried to force it open and it literally threw screws out from the innerworking of the lock.
(I don't do this normally, I only did it so I can be a sponsor of the music venue and upcoming shows, we are on their website now as preferred partner at no additional cost - even if it kills me!)
FREE IS NEVER APPRECIATED.

Of course free isn't appreciated, it doesn't cost anything. That is why I never give away a single night, because no one cares.

Of course free isn't appreciated, it doesn't cost anything. That is why I never give away a single night, because no one cares..
We just had a big special event. It was sold out. Tickets that were purchased and then given to someone- three no shows. WE DON"T GIVE AWAY TICKETS FOR ANYTHING! We do donate to auctions that have a minimum bid. Those work out great. Guests know what the cost everyone else is paying and they know they got a deal on something they actually wanted in the first place. Big difference.

It is odd that most people don't get it. We do a really great (IMO) package with tons of things to do, dinner, shopping, etc.
Guests have come back from dinner and said it was not good and we shouldn't accept free meals from them. Or, whatever deal you have going with that place you should stop.
What???
I do set them straight and say I pay retail for everything they get. No deals on food.
But, yes, no one appreciates free.

I am so sorry you got ":entitled" jerks. Just console yourself it is only one night (I hope) and getting listed on the venue is worth it. Look at it from the positive side and let it go. Not worth the blood pressure eruption.

Back