Things you find and are not sure when it happened?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
I was coming down from upstairs and noticed a curtain (sheer) covering the hall stair window was pulled apart. I thought to myself, I don't remember there being two sheers on that window, but one that I pull to the far side and tuck behind the curtain. I do this when the sugar maples out front are brilliant orange so guests don't miss them.
So I go in a bit closer and notice that the thing has been torn straight down the middle where there was a seam normally in the folds.
I have no idea how long it has been in the TEARING stage, I have never tried to force my way through it, only pushed it aside if I needed to look out that window.
The metal roof is right outside and heat comes off it, as well as blinding glare so I keep the sheer closed.
I hate when I find stuff like that! How long has it been that way and I certainly hope a guests didn't do that!

swirt

Forum founder. Former Owner.
Reaction score
LOL In a house with kids, guests and animals, what is the order of presumed guilt on something like that?
  • 20% kids
  • 50% guests
  • 30% cat
? ;)

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
LOL In a house with kids, guests and animals, what is the order of presumed guilt on something like that?
  • 20% kids
  • 50% guests
  • 30% cat
? ;).
Upstairs in guest area so no kids, no cat.
Guilty Breakdown would be:
80% guests
10% age of this old dinosaur
10% unknown (which includes any and all of the list not on this list - but shouldn't be)

swirt

Reaction score
  • 20% kids
  • 50% guests
  • 30% cat
? ;).
80% guests
10% unknown (which includes any and all of the list not on this list - but shouldn't be)
errr ... old dinosaur? That's the building right?
tounge_smile.gif

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
  • 20% kids
  • 50% guests
  • 30% cat
? ;).
80% guests
tounge_smile.gif

yes, meaning old house, old fixtures, old stuff.
why did you think I meant me? I am a spring chicken...with sore knees and back, but still spring'in.

YellowSocks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well... you didn't find it on a Wednesday, so it wasn't my dh. (He reports that Wednesdays at work everything's his fault. They have other guys for the other days.)
But then you can ask him the mantra anytime and he'll respond: "I'm sorry dear, it's all my fault."
=) Kk.

swirt

Reaction score
  • 20% kids
  • 50% guests
  • 30% cat
? ;).
80% guests
tounge_smile.gif

yes, meaning old house, old fixtures, old stuff.
why did you think I meant me? I am a spring chicken...with sore knees and back, but still spring'in.
errr... I don't know what you mean....errr .... I didn't think you meant you... <mental note to build a "Flag as awkward" button on this thing.>
whatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

Samster

Reaction score
So, it's like the sun just disintegrated the seam or something? We inherited some curtains in a bathroom next door (West facing window) that are going to need replacing because all of a sudden (yeah, right) I noticed that the edge that gets the sun is really faded. When did that happen??
omg_smile.gif
So, I have them cleverly folded for now, but..... It's on the list....

Morticia

Reaction score
So, it's like the sun just disintegrated the seam or something? We inherited some curtains in a bathroom next door (West facing window) that are going to need replacing because all of a sudden (yeah, right) I noticed that the edge that gets the sun is really faded. When did that happen??
omg_smile.gif
So, I have them cleverly folded for now, but..... It's on the list.....
Certainly might be the sun. Hubs just noticed that our doorbell has disintegrated. MAYBE someone banged it with a suitcase (kind of hard given the location) but it just fell apart, little pieces that were very brittle.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
omg_smile.gif
So, I have them cleverly folded for now, but..... It's on the list.....
Certainly might be the sun. Hubs just noticed that our doorbell has disintegrated. MAYBE someone banged it with a suitcase (kind of hard given the location) but it just fell apart, little pieces that were very brittle.
If you need a new doorbell, boy have I got an idea for you!
Have you seen the wireless doorbell chimes that you can record anything you want on them? A song, a sound, anything and some multiple songs. I think that would be really fun. I am not posting a link - of you google you will find all sorts of them.