This could have been sooo embarrassing

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aspiring Martha

Reaction score
The battery operated device thread reminded me of this story:
Over Christmas we had all of our rooms full with family. My niece, Kathi from Ohio (in her 30's) was staying with us in an upstairs bedroom as were my two other nieces, her younger sisters (19 and 20) who each had one of the downstairs bedroom.
The room Kathi was staying in was originally built as a maids quarters. It has an elevator shaft that never had an elevator installed but it does have a spiral staircase that goes down into the utility room. Above the shaft, is a skylight. This room has been occupied very little since we moved in.
On this particular night, the wind came up during the night. The wind was catching somehow on the skylight and making a vibrating noise - alternately moderately loud and then VERY loud. This noise went on for a good while during the night.
The next morning while I was preparing breakfast, Kathi came out and asked me if I had ever slept in that room. I told her that no, I hadn't.
She described the noise (she didn't know there was a skylight above the stairs) and then went on to tell me that she had decided that one of the younger ladies had a vibrator going downstairs - alternately on low and then cranking it up to high and then back down. She finally stormed out of bed and marched downstairs to tell them to "stop it!" Of course, she came to the realization that the noise was coming somehow from the area above the stairs. Oh. My. Gosh. I never laughed so hard!
I have someone coming to fix the skylight. But can you imagine if that had happened to a paying guest?? And can you imagine the review? Ohhhh myyyyyy.....

I had an 'electric' toothbrush in my duffel bag that suddenly switched on in a long, dark taxi ride. The driver was scolding me saying quite loudly, 'Nepotrivit! Nepotrivit!' (sp) which I later learned is Romanian for 'Innapropriate'. I kept saying 'Toothbrush, Toothbrush' but he wasn't hearing or understanding over the very loud oral b brush. Once I found it in the bag, I had to pull the battery out to stop it. By the time we got to the airport, my face was still flaming and he was still scowling at me. I showed him what it was and dropped the toothbrush in the trash bin at the curb.

I had an 'electric' toothbrush in my duffel bag that suddenly switched on in a long, dark taxi ride. The driver was scolding me saying quite loudly, 'Nepotrivit! Nepotrivit!' (sp) which I later learned is Romanian for 'Innapropriate'. I kept saying 'Toothbrush, Toothbrush' but he wasn't hearing or understanding over the very loud oral b brush. Once I found it in the bag, I had to pull the battery out to stop it. By the time we got to the airport, my face was still flaming and he was still scowling at me. I showed him what it was and dropped the toothbrush in the trash bin at the curb..
Ahhh yes - the ol' Oral B at it again. I've found mine running several times in my travel bag.
Too funny!

That's hilarious!!!
cry_smile.gif

I had an 'electric' toothbrush in my duffel bag that suddenly switched on in a long, dark taxi ride. The driver was scolding me saying quite loudly, 'Nepotrivit! Nepotrivit!' (sp) which I later learned is Romanian for 'Innapropriate'. I kept saying 'Toothbrush, Toothbrush' but he wasn't hearing or understanding over the very loud oral b brush. Once I found it in the bag, I had to pull the battery out to stop it. By the time we got to the airport, my face was still flaming and he was still scowling at me. I showed him what it was and dropped the toothbrush in the trash bin at the curb..
How about that shaver in my bag...
Plane was waiting to take off, everyone waiting... Some security officers went in the plane and called my name.
I was brought down on the tarmac and there was my bag, surrounded by several armed security gards staying 10 meters away, under the floodlights.
It was very similar to this moment.
I always remove bateries when boarding a plane.

Why I never travel with my electric toothbrush. I would completely forget to remove the batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back