This was a big help

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
We just survived another busy season, but I know that many of you are cranking up for the leaf peepers and your high seasons. I thought I would share a service I started using in March and has been really great for us. We're rural, so getting to the store is tough and most of the time it's running there to get supplies for the business. Cooking for ourselves rarely happened and most of the time it was frozen or from a package. DH was eating way too much processed food, pizza, etc.
We've been using B lu e A pr on food service and it's been fab! Nothing processed, nothing frozen, all fresh veggies, meats, herbs, etc. If a recipe calls for scallons, it's there. If a recipe has unusual spices, it's all in the delivery box. Last night we cooked lamb & beef sliders with with harissa-labneh sauce & cucumber salad. It was so delicious and something I would never have even tried on my own, let alone be able to get some of the items in my area.
They've now started doing tv commercials so you may have seen one. Anyway, I think it can really be great for other innkeepers with limited time and energy. If you're interested, let me know. I can get you 3 dinners free (tv commercial offers 2 free to try). I get no kick back. The food box gets delivered to your door (FedEx) once a week.
Anyway, if you want to try it or have any questions, let me know. To see their site, just use their name & dot.com

That is so very cool. I love to cook and I'm always searching online for new recipes to try. This is right up my alley. Esp since I live in a small town and some ingredients are hard to come by.
Their website doesn't have enough information, really. I looked at the menu for next week. We have a no-curry, no-tofu, no-chicken person in the house. Does it let you pick & choose which recipes you get? Can you check a preference "No Chicken" and it will always apply to what you get?
How does the meat come?
Thank you for letting us know about this. Great price and super convenient.

That is so very cool. I love to cook and I'm always searching online for new recipes to try. This is right up my alley. Esp since I live in a small town and some ingredients are hard to come by.
Their website doesn't have enough information, really. I looked at the menu for next week. We have a no-curry, no-tofu, no-chicken person in the house. Does it let you pick & choose which recipes you get? Can you check a preference "No Chicken" and it will always apply to what you get?
How does the meat come?
Thank you for letting us know about this. Great price and super convenient..
Yes, you can set it up so you tell them you don't eat chicken, pork, shellfish, beef, etc. There is also a vegetarian option. In fact, you can go in and change your preferences as often as you'd like. You don't get to choose which recipe they send you, but you can look at what's being offered the next week and opt out of delivery all together, or change your preference ('no seafood') if you don't like the recipe for that protein.
Check out their FB page. You'll see lots of feedback and pictures from members when they cook the meals.
The packaging is pretty amazing. My only complaint is that there is a lot of it. In your box that is delivered FedEx, there is insulation and ice packets. The meats are packed between ice packets and have always been cold when we get it. Even if you aren't home and they leave the box, it'll still be cold until late that night. I don't know though if that's true when it's 100 degrees outside.
The customer service is terrific from what I read on the FB comments. We've never had a problem with any box, so we've never had to contact them.
When you read the FB posts, a lot of folks complain that it takes a long time to cut the veggies...this just shows me that most people are not used to cooking with fresh ingredients! If there is corn in a recipe, you receive a whole ear of corn and have to cut it yourself. Every single item is shipped for your meal except olive oil. If there is a tablespoon of butter, it's shipped.
Really, I don't know how they do it for $10 per meal per person which includes the shipping. Each box must weigh 20-25 lbs.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

These companys are great. We lived in the uk for 4 months last year and used a similar company called gousto dot co.uk all fresh ingredients, simple menu cards to follow, loved it. Wish we could find one in Spain, although thankfully the majority of the food is fresh and local out here anyway.

Latest posts

Back