Thought on how to market this

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The idea was to entice a two nighter vs a one nighter, there is a lot more expense involved in a one night stay vs a two night stay when you hire staff. I think the opposite to most of you, remember that and we will all be happy. haha Just kidding.
I have actually been to said Inn, so for my comments they are as one of those who wants to lay in that bed with a book looking out a window at the sunrise. Not all inns are one nighter inviters, some s/b two nights, the inn in question, imo s/b a two night stay. Midweek guests for a one night stay are travelers, and from what Don explained, they want to lay in and soak it all in, not jump off to the next inn. Just trying to express why I felt it could be a good bogo.
If we each evaluated our locations and draw for guests we could see if a cut rate would be better or a bogo would be better. Interesting consideration..
Good Points JB.

The idea was to entice a two nighter vs a one nighter, there is a lot more expense involved in a one night stay vs a two night stay when you hire staff. I think the opposite to most of you, remember that and we will all be happy. haha Just kidding.
I have actually been to said Inn, so for my comments they are as one of those who wants to lay in that bed with a book looking out a window at the sunrise. Not all inns are one nighter inviters, some s/b two nights, the inn in question, imo s/b a two night stay. Midweek guests for a one night stay are travelers, and from what Don explained, they want to lay in and soak it all in, not jump off to the next inn. Just trying to express why I felt it could be a good bogo.
If we each evaluated our locations and draw for guests we could see if a cut rate would be better or a bogo would be better. Interesting consideration..
Yes JB, I see exactly what you are saying. But the traffic we get in the off season is exactly opposite of who we market to the other 9 months of the year. Off season we get folks within a 1-2 hour radius just looking for a get-a-way, not here for the touristy stuff at all, have either seen and done it all or not interested. We do not get multi-night stays off season, so BOGO wouldn't really do much, I don't think.
Also, off season we have no staff, it is all me and low volume, so a one night stay does not become much more work than a 2 nighter...in fact the 2 nighters become more work sometimes because they DO NOT LEAVE THE ROOM ALL DAY, so when I finally get in there I end up just throwing new towels in instead of fluffing as it's faster.

Yes JB, I see exactly what you are saying. But the traffic we get in the off season is exactly opposite of who we market to the other 9 months of the year. Off season we get folks within a 1-2 hour radius just looking for a get-a-way, not here for the touristy stuff at all, have either seen and done it all or not interested. We do not get multi-night stays off season, so BOGO wouldn't really do much, I don't think.
Also, off season we have no staff, it is all me and low volume, so a one night stay does not become much more work than a 2 nighter...in fact the 2 nighters become more work sometimes because they DO NOT LEAVE THE ROOM ALL DAY, so when I finally get in there I end up just throwing new towels in instead of fluffing as it's faster.
Don Draper said:
Don't know how you can say that?
  • stripping, cleaning, making up a room for a one night stay (+ all that up and down the stairs for that)
  • laundry
  • check in
  • check out
That is HOURS more work for a one night stay (says the exhausted queen of one night stayers right here!!!)
If it were me and I wanted a midweek slower thing to happen, then I would BAN ALL ONE NIGHT STAYS! of course, i can't, and it would never work here. But I hear ya on the diff clientele off season for sure.

only an Aspiring here but how about the "Do Not Disturb Special" . Similar to wendydk's "Sleep In" but the mental "sign" is deeply embedded. JJ

Don Draper said:
Don't know how you can say that?
  • stripping, cleaning, making up a room for a one night stay (+ all that up and down the stairs for that)
  • laundry
  • check in
  • check out
That is HOURS more work for a one night stay (says the exhausted queen of one night stayers right here!!!)
If it were me and I wanted a midweek slower thing to happen, then I would BAN ALL ONE NIGHT STAYS! of course, i can't, and it would never work here. But I hear ya on the diff clientele off season for sure.
Because I can let the rooms roll...by making them all the same rate, it's unlikely that the same room will be rented two nights in a row...I can save up and clean 3-4 rooms together. We are S L O W on winter weekdays. I also am planning to make them prepay, so if I don't feel like hanging around for a check in I can leave them a note, and don't need to hang around or babysit 'til checkout, they can drop their key and leave. Basically I will do one or the other, if they get me at checkin they won't see me in the morning, or vice versa. Minimal face time, 'cause that is what is exhausting to me!!!!
I don't know how you do all of your cleaning yourself, and if I had your set up I couldn't do what I am thinking of offering...for you, def. try to get the two night stay.

Do Not Disturb - Sleep INN and Deeply EmBEDDED is super cute!
Aspirings jump inn any time.
cheers.gif

only an Aspiring here but how about the "Do Not Disturb Special" . Similar to wendydk's "Sleep In" but the mental "sign" is deeply embedded. JJ.
flossy said:
only an Aspiring here but how about the "Do Not Disturb Special".
LOVE IT!!!!! Thanks for sharing.
Love the "Do Not Disturb" special! That means even if they're stayovers, you won't have to freshen up!

Back