Time for new mattresses...Suggestions?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plus if you are going to replace them all make sure you bargain for a bulk discount..
We go to a local home furnishing store and get a bulk discount and we also purchase mattresses manufactured in our state.
It is good to support local businesses as well good point breakfast DIVA. You (I don't mean you personally I mean the innkeeper in question) has to be sure they are good quality. It is good to see and feel one in person and have a lie on it. DH and I are looking to buy a new personal on and I have been lying on all the ones in the shop. They think I am bonkers but I am the one who has to sleep on it!
It's really impossible to tell with just testing it in the showroom. We just bought a new mattress for ourselves and I did the testing on it in the store. After I slept on it about 5 nights, I kept waking up in the middle of the night with my hip hurting. There is no way I could have known that would happen, because the bed felt so good when I just laid on it.
Fortuntely, the store I bought it from has a 101 night guarantee! I went back to the store, upgraded, they gave me credit for the full price I paid and we just made up the difference. I now LOVE my new bed! We did have to pay a delivery charge for the seond bed, but it was worth it.
OHHHHHH, and NEVER pay full price for a bed! They are marked up a huge amount! When we did the upgrade, the new bed was almost $1,000 more than the old bed, but we only paid $300 more! What a racket!

I am driving myself nuts trying to find the most comfortable bed in our price range. I really don't like haggling for the best price. I swear it's like buying a car....Just tell me what your bottom line is....UGH

I am driving myself nuts trying to find the most comfortable bed in our price range. I really don't like haggling for the best price. I swear it's like buying a car....Just tell me what your bottom line is....UGH.
Baygirl said:
I am driving myself nuts trying to find the most comfortable bed in our price range. I really don't like haggling for the best price. I swear it's like buying a car....Just tell me what your bottom line is....UGH
The reason I went local was because I got sick and tired of trying to figure out which was the best deal. If you don't like haggling, that's ok. Go to ANY store, find a brand name mattress you like and test it out. When it goes on sale, buy it.
ALL of the brand names are virtually the same. Sealy, Serta, Simmons, no difference in anything but the cover. So, test them all out and wait for a sale. What I wouldn't do it buy an 'off brand.' A friend of mine did that when she opened and she got beds for herself & her kids at the same time and 4 years later she's gotten rid of hers and the kid's because they were awful. Get a brand name. But wait for a sale.

Has anyone heard of King Koil beds? This by far is the best deal for the comfort...I've seen good and bad reviews online regarding this brand. (as with most)

Has anyone heard of King Koil beds? This by far is the best deal for the comfort...I've seen good and bad reviews online regarding this brand. (as with most).
I remember King Koil. I don't think I ever had one of theirbeds, tho, so no info on them.

Finally found a great deal on mattresses.......Had to drive an hour to another store but it paid off. Ended up with Simmons Beautyrest for $475.00 for queen set. It is so amazing how much they come down from the displayed price. I swear it's just like going to a car lot. It's done.. Major purchase but it's much needed.

Finally found a great deal on mattresses.......Had to drive an hour to another store but it paid off. Ended up with Simmons Beautyrest for $475.00 for queen set. It is so amazing how much they come down from the displayed price. I swear it's just like going to a car lot. It's done.. Major purchase but it's much needed..
Good for you! I know once I found a good bed I felt so much better!

Finally found a great deal on mattresses.......Had to drive an hour to another store but it paid off. Ended up with Simmons Beautyrest for $475.00 for queen set. It is so amazing how much they come down from the displayed price. I swear it's just like going to a car lot. It's done.. Major purchase but it's much needed..
Good for you! I know once I found a good bed I felt so much better!
Regular mattresses cause allergic reactions for people who are sensitive to lint, cotton, dust or dust mites. Most mattress stores will have cross-section samples of their product lines to show the coil spring construction. Ask the store owner to explain why a mattress with more coils and more rigid construction provides the best comfort. Thanks for the information. memory foam

I will find out the brand, but told the mattress store it was for lodging and he suggested pillow tops that you DO NOT HAVE TO FLIP. My husband works for Hyatt and asked the purcharsing and housekeeping managers about them and they recommended them as well. We did get a multi-mattress discount as well. We do rotate them, but no longer flip them. Not sure if this helps or not.

Back