Tr ip Adviser take a look

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just sent an e-mail from a review I did almost 2 years ago of a restaurant 6 hours away from me. They said that they are new owners and wanted to comp me 2 dinners if we're ever in the area and would I please remove the review (I rated it 3 stars).
I wrote back that they should contact TA and all the old reviews will be taken down.
I was quite stunned that they were offering to comp us meals! I would never take them up on that offer. It's just not the right thing to do..
As new owners, they can ask TA to remove the reviews after properly faxing them documentation. Some of my past reviews on TA have since disappeared because of this. One in particular was quite scathing and when new owners took over, it disappeared.
But it is also a violation of TA terms to ask you to remove the review.

I was just sent an e-mail from a review I did almost 2 years ago of a restaurant 6 hours away from me. They said that they are new owners and wanted to comp me 2 dinners if we're ever in the area and would I please remove the review (I rated it 3 stars).
I wrote back that they should contact TA and all the old reviews will be taken down.
I was quite stunned that they were offering to comp us meals! I would never take them up on that offer. It's just not the right thing to do..
Really? It's just not the Right Thing To Do? Good on those new restaurant owners! They're trying to get their business off the ground - just like you did! I guess you've never gotten a bad review on TA. That restaurant will send you guests if you work with them - what ever happened to co-operative "synergy" between businesses in an area?
Guess what: all the old reviews WONT be taken down. Not theirs, and not yours. Those reviews - unless Trip Advisor changes its policy, and not likely - will remail in Perpetuity througout the internet. Forever. Our only collective resource is to work together to support each other - all the restaurants, spas, inns, hotels and B&Bs in your area. Work to create a interactive synergy in your area that sends guests to each facility and creates the ambiance that your area deserves. Don't divide - work together.
Green Cat Guest House
Basil Fawlty said:
Really? It's just not the Right Thing To Do? Good on those new restaurant owners! They're trying to get their business off the ground - just like you did! I guess you've never gotten a bad review on TA. That restaurant will send you guests if you work with them - what ever happened to co-operative "synergy" between businesses in an area?
Guess what: all the old reviews WONT be taken down. Not theirs, and not yours. Those reviews - unless Trip Advisor changes its policy, and not likely - will remail in Perpetuity througout the internet. Forever. Our only collective resource is to work together to support each other - all the restaurants, spas, inns, hotels and B&Bs in your area. Work to create a interactive synergy in your area that sends guests to each facility and creates the ambiance that your area deserves. Don't divide - work together.
Green Cat Guest House
My "It's just not the right thing to do" comment was about removing my review to get a free meal. I don't think you read my post right. This restaurant is 6 hours away from me. There's no synergy there.
I will consider going out of my way to remove the review, but NOT because I'll get a free meal out of it.

Latest posts

Back