Travel Smarter 2012: Take these tips for a better road trip

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Youngest & I were reminiscing last week about the 1986 road trip - the return to Illinois from the windjammer cruise off the coast of Maine. We had been on the road for a month (6-day cruise) and were driving straight through back to Illinois w/4 kinds in a Jeep Cherokee. (Does anyone need more proof that I am out of my mind?)
We stopped at a rest area in Ohio and I bought a can of pop for each of us. As we started down the entry road to the Interstate we heard our troublemaker yelling, "My eyes, Marty put pop in my eyes !" We pulled over to investigate and DH is ready to kill thinking there was pop all over his new vehicle. Trying to mitigate the situation I said I must have shaken it carrying it to the car. A small voice from the back said, "I got what I meant to get." He did too - there was no pop anywhere except on darling S - Marty's tormentor. Ah, the joys of a road trip with kids.

I don't care what he says, I'm not picking up any hitchhikers!!

I don't care what he says, I'm not picking up any hitchhikers!!.
Arkansawyer said:
thumbs_up.gif

I don't care what he says, I'm not picking up any hitchhikers!!.
Arkansawyer said:
thumbs_up.gif

yup with you on that! they are always trying to get us to car share round here but the whole point of my car is so that I know I am safe traveling at random times Im not inviting someone I don't know who happens to need a lift into it!

Back