Trip Advisor Troubleshooting?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WesternMass

Reaction score
hey guys

trying to set up pages on TA and yelp

apparently I hit a wrong button during the biz description "available for exclusive use" or something like that
I did it because we want people to be able to rent the whole place for a wedding/reunion/etc
but now TA is rejecting us because they think we are a members only private club not open to the public
I submitted a whole new form with that line removed, but now its just radio silence from them
dug all thru their site for FAQ/contact/etc
can't find anything
I called the number listed, that referred me to a broken link

any help is much appreciated!

You didn't ask, but I got more calls from Yelp wanting to sell advertising than I ever got reviews, considered it a waste of effort.

Not much help on TA as I don't remember filling out anything, as best I remember I just claimed the listing. If someone doesn't chime in with better information I can see if I have an email for our last contact.

That would be great, thank you

Yeah Yelp is a headache, when I had my previous business they called me almost daily pitching ads

Definitely want to get on TA though

Not much help on TA as I don't remember filling out anything, as best I remember I just claimed the listing.
Same here. At least way back in the day, anybody could create a listing and leave a review of a new inn. TA will list you even if you don't WANT to be listed!

Hi. If you are a member of ALP, they recently sent out a listing of contacts for various OTAs - Trip Advisor included - when "all else fails" Possibly you can reach a human. Good luck

I took TA off my "IF you care to leave a review" Thank you for your Stay letter. I now just list Google & FB (do not like them either but that is where people are). TA has lost objectivity since it started gouging us for rank and other things. Yelp? would not waste my time.

I had a 11-year relationship with TA that they destroyed this week.

I had a guest from hell who vowed to blackmail me with bad reviews if I didn't refund him when he left after 1 day of a 3-day holiday week stay.
TA wouldn't pre-block the review because they said the blackmail threat was "verbal, not written."

After 11 years, I told them how disappointed I was in them, and canceled my Business listing and Pay Per Click account. Don't think they cared.

I had a 11-year relationship with TA that they destroyed this week.

I had a guest from hell who vowed to blackmail me with bad reviews if I didn't refund him when he left after 1 day of a 3-day holiday week stay.
TA wouldn't pre-block the review because they said the blackmail threat was "verbal, not written."

After 11 years, I told them how disappointed I was in them, and canceled my Business listing and Pay Per Click account. Don't think they cared.
I hope you did a response to HIS slam before you dumped everything. A response of "Thank you for carrying through with your "blackmail" threat as you left without the refund you demanded. WE operate on a publish and be damned policy because our reviews prove our level of service."

Anyone who wants can check out the reviews and our responses on Google and TA. I violated my rule about letting replies marinate for 24 hours before posting, but I don't think I went too far.

...canceled my Business listing and Pay Per Click account. Don't think they cared.
They don't care, which is part of why TA is nowhere as big as they could have been if they had done a better job of caring about innkeepers. All they care about are the travelers.

Like the CC companies. They care mostly about the people who use their cards, and they care little about the businesses who accept their cards.

The ONLY thing cc companies care about in regard to small businesses is how much they can gouge small business to pay for the "rewards" they give the card holders.

Back