Quantcast

Turn Down Service

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
What do you think if a Inn's website reads " Full turndown service with homemade chocolates from Circa 1886 " Do you think the chocolates are really from 1886???!! Or do you think the chocolates would be made from molds from the 1886's?? I want to email them and ask them this, but the only way to email them is to fill out a form which has mandatory name, address, & phone number.

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
I figured out my question myself! LOL I guess there's a restaurant onsite called "circa 1886", so they must make the chocolates there too!! WOW, I thought that would be some nasty chocolates!!

YellowSocks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First thought, the grammar police were needed here. Second thought (know that I know it's a restaurant), the grammar police could still be helpful in adding either italics or quotes: "...with homemade chocolates from the legendary specialty restaurant Circa 1886."
=)
Kk.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
First thought, the grammar police were needed here. Second thought (know that I know it's a restaurant), the grammar police could still be helpful in adding either italics or quotes: "...with homemade chocolates from the legendary specialty restaurant Circa 1886."
=)
Kk..
The first thing I thought of when I read it was..it had to be the name of a restaurant or a candy maker. yeah they need the "word police" :)

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd think 'Circa 1886' is the name of the company that makes the chocolates.

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
I was just skimmng their website for room pictures and prices and came across the turndown service with that wording and I honestly thought they meant chocolates from 1886! I am usually more smarter than that!! LOL! I must have been shocked by the daily rates:
R A T E S[tr]Room Type
[/td]High Season
[/td]Low Season
[/td][/tr][tr][td]East Wing Rooms
[/td][td]$340-370
[/td][td]$300-370
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Mansion Rooms
[/td][td]$400-450
[/td][td]$360-450
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Mansion Suites
[/td][td]$480-720
[/td][td]$440-720
[/td][/tr][/table]

muirford

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was just skimmng their website for room pictures and prices and came across the turndown service with that wording and I honestly thought they meant chocolates from 1886! I am usually more smarter than that!! LOL! I must have been shocked by the daily rates:
R A T E S[tr]Room Type
[/td]High Season
[/td]Low Season
[/td][td]$340-370
[/td][td]$300-370
[/td][td]$400-450
[/td][td]$360-450
[/td][td]$480-720
[/td][td]$440-720
[/td][/tr][/table].
Those rates are pretty typical for the nicer inns in Charleston, and especially if you want to find a full breakfast and any kind of personal service like afternoon tea or stocked refrigerators. It's not cheap to find any kind of lodging there and the high-end B&Bs are more sought after than the hotels.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
R A T E S[tr]Room Type
[/td]High Season
[/td]Low Season
[/td][td]$340-370
[/td][td]$300-370
[/td][td]$400-450
[/td][td]$360-450
[/td][td]$480-720
[/td][td]$440-720
[/td][/tr][/table].
GeorgiaGirl25 said:
R A T E S[tr]Room Type
[/td]High Season
[/td]Low Season
[/td][td]$340-370
[/td][td]$300-370
[/td][td]$400-450
[/td][td]$360-450
[/td][td]$480-720
[/td][td]$440-720
[/td][/tr][/table]
Yeah, it's tough to find a place in Charleston that doesn't shock you with the prices. And a lot of Charleston B&B's ony have continental breakfast. We only go there in the off season.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
R A T E S[tr]Room Type
[/td]High Season
[/td]Low Season
[/td][td]$340-370
[/td][td]$300-370
[/td][td]$400-450
[/td][td]$360-450
[/td][td]$480-720
[/td][td]$440-720
[/td][/tr][/table].
Those rates are pretty typical for the nicer inns in Charleston, and especially if you want to find a full breakfast and any kind of personal service like afternoon tea or stocked refrigerators. It's not cheap to find any kind of lodging there and the high-end B&Bs are more sought after than the hotels.
Sorry there is NO WAY I WOULD EVER PAY THAT MUCH FOR ANY ROOM!!!! That's why I go to a Holiday Inn Express:)

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
R A T E S[tr]Room Type
[/td]High Season
[/td]Low Season
[/td][td]$340-370
[/td][td]$300-370
[/td][td]$400-450
[/td][td]$360-450
[/td][td]$480-720
[/td][td]$440-720
[/td][/tr][/table].
Sorry there is NO WAY I WOULD EVER PAY THAT MUCH FOR ANY ROOM!!!! That's why I go to a Holiday Inn Express:)
Me Neither!! I don't care how lovely it is, I just couldn't afford that. What is your cat's name in the picture? He's very content looking!

EmptyNest

Reaction score
R A T E S[tr]Room Type
[/td]High Season
[/td]Low Season
[/td][td]$340-370
[/td][td]$300-370
[/td][td]$400-450
[/td][td]$360-450
[/td][td]$480-720
[/td][td]$440-720
[/td][/tr][/table].
Me Neither!! I don't care how lovely it is, I just couldn't afford that. What is your cat's name in the picture? He's very content looking!
He is FLUFFY and a very laid back cat..but since he is 20 years old I expect that:) But he is still a hunter. I suspect that is what keeps him going.

Latest posts