Uggh, the pleasure of skunks in the air

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undersea

Reaction score
Seems about 5 times a summer, someone hits a skunk, and everywhere (including house even with Windows closed) smells of skunk. I don't wish for extinction, but at times like these...

What do your guests do when this happens? Do you have to close all the windows for them, or ? I can't imagine they would enjoy that, not much you could do for them I guess.

What do your guests do when this happens? Do you have to close all the windows for them, or ? I can't imagine they would enjoy that, not much you could do for them I guess..
Leaving windows closed is my preference.

What do your guests do when this happens? Do you have to close all the windows for them, or ? I can't imagine they would enjoy that, not much you could do for them I guess..
Undersea is an aspiring so as yet, does not have to worry about guests' reactions.

Happens here, too. Seems like those critters ALWAYS have to cross right in front of our house and subsequently get hit on the road!! I, too, fail to see their significance in the food chain.

I once paid for have a heart trap folks to come out and trap four adult skunks that liked to borrow under the front porch, stairs and deck and hang out in the parking lot. $400 to have them trapped and moved elsewhere ... at least 10 miles away they said. Then I had wire mesh and barriers installed at the foundations and tried blocking off all the entrances.
The next morning just after sunrise I was drinking coffee out on an upper deck and watched a mama skunk and her 5 babies trotting down the embankment toward the front porch and disappear. It's as if I hung out a VACANCY sign for new skunks.

I once paid for have a heart trap folks to come out and trap four adult skunks that liked to borrow under the front porch, stairs and deck and hang out in the parking lot. $400 to have them trapped and moved elsewhere ... at least 10 miles away they said. Then I had wire mesh and barriers installed at the foundations and tried blocking off all the entrances.
The next morning just after sunrise I was drinking coffee out on an upper deck and watched a mama skunk and her 5 babies trotting down the embankment toward the front porch and disappear. It's as if I hung out a VACANCY sign for new skunks..
well, at least the occupancy goes up... :)

Back