UGH!! why do people think it's OK to show up at 5h early???

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure everyone has said or cursed about a guest and then realised they could be in earshot. It is embarassing, but all you can do is carry on and pretend you don't know that they might of heard.
I actually lost my temper with two guests this morning, to their faces, don't think I've ever done that before. They were in the room above us and the were up at 7am, banging around, banging their room door so in the end I thought I might as well get up, so I went and had a shower. I'm in the shower and someone switches off my bathroom light (bathroom is opposite the breakfast room with the light switch on the outside, room only has a small window so if the light is off it's very dark), so I get out the shower, put on a robe and go to investigate (dripping wet), these two guys are waiting for their breakfast in the breakfast room and it's 7.30 (breakfast starts at 8.30).
"Are we early?" I get asked, "Yes, you are an hour early, it's 7.30. And do you think you could be a bit quieter, not everyone wants to be up at 7am". I was furious, I stormed off and got back in the shower.
They'd obviously been looking for the lights when they turned my bathroom light off, but don't you think that if you went down to the breakfast room and the lights are all off, nothing is out (juices, cereals, etc), there's no-one about and there's laundry draped over the chairs you'd think.... mmmm, maybe we're too early.
And the best part was, as they were leaving one of them told me him and his wife ran a B&B.

I'm sure everyone has said or cursed about a guest and then realised they could be in earshot. It is embarassing, but all you can do is carry on and pretend you don't know that they might of heard.
I actually lost my temper with two guests this morning, to their faces, don't think I've ever done that before. They were in the room above us and the were up at 7am, banging around, banging their room door so in the end I thought I might as well get up, so I went and had a shower. I'm in the shower and someone switches off my bathroom light (bathroom is opposite the breakfast room with the light switch on the outside, room only has a small window so if the light is off it's very dark), so I get out the shower, put on a robe and go to investigate (dripping wet), these two guys are waiting for their breakfast in the breakfast room and it's 7.30 (breakfast starts at 8.30).
"Are we early?" I get asked, "Yes, you are an hour early, it's 7.30. And do you think you could be a bit quieter, not everyone wants to be up at 7am". I was furious, I stormed off and got back in the shower.
They'd obviously been looking for the lights when they turned my bathroom light off, but don't you think that if you went down to the breakfast room and the lights are all off, nothing is out (juices, cereals, etc), there's no-one about and there's laundry draped over the chairs you'd think.... mmmm, maybe we're too early.
And the best part was, as they were leaving one of them told me him and his wife ran a B&B..
And the best part was, as they were leaving one of them told me him and his wife ran a B&B.
\Did you find out where so you could pay him a visit? I hope so. Set your alarm for 5 AM and after you think you have made enough noise to waken him, go back to bed for another hour or so.

Me, personally, have the mildest, unflappable disposition, but when DW needs to rant, I make her go in the garage and shut the door. Then she can let it rip. I am firm about this as you can never tell who is in the house.

Me, personally, have the mildest, unflappable disposition, but when DW needs to rant, I make her go in the garage and shut the door. Then she can let it rip. I am firm about this as you can never tell who is in the house..
Yep! You have to be so careful. We had friends/B&B owners staying with us a couple of years ago, they stayed in the room above the kitchen. When they came down they said "Do you know you can hear what you are saying in the kitchen from that room". Ooops.

Back