USD 650 flat rate on TA

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anon Inn

Reaction score
Just read an email from them announcing this change. Looks like the same deal we paid 400 for a few years back. For those of you who pay for the click thru link on TA - how is it working for you these days. We got so few click throughs back then it wasn't worth it - but the number of folks who said TA was why they picked us has gone way up.

A lot of people do read the reviews on TA, I think good reviews help potential guests to select a property that might otherwise be out of their comfort level. We are a tiny mom and pop motel out between the towns, good reviews from guests have brought us new guests who probably wouldn't have considered us were it not for the reviews.
The click through link, I think it helps, we are not listed with the OTAs so it gives a potential guest a quick way look at prices and information and that may help make the sale.

This makes me curious. A flat rate for the business listing?
We use TripConnect since that allows us to appear in the OTA box when someone puts in dates. We just canceled our BL but we are still thinking about that. As long as TC doesn't become super expensive, it seems like an affordable choice.

I'm thinking of signing up again. What are the terms of this program?
I can't do trip connect as it's not supported by my booking engine. Another problem for another day.

I did cost-per-click campaign all summer (and I'm still using it) but you need to be vigilant. You bid on your position but you can be easily bumped by the OTAs and lose your ranking. Then you need to big more. I have the limit spend per day but I could see how that could easily be surpassed if I only get a few tire kickers. Then, I'll lose my ranking altogether. TA as been calling but I couldn't answer one afternoon (recognized the number) because I was hanging off the side of my hill and I guess they think I'm trying to ignore them. Oh well, if they call back, we'll talk. Hard to spend money when it's slow.

Latest posts

Back