Vacuums love/hate relationship

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a Dyson and love it. I had been an Oreck lover before that....althought I still like Orecks I am impressed with the Dyson. I have the Slim Model. It is orange and grey and it is lighter than some of the other models. I have vacuumed everyday for the past four years with it and it picks up a lot of dirt. I love seeing it the dirt swirl around in the bagless container. When it needs emtpying I take it outside to the garbage can and stick the container in the can and press the release button and bottom of the can opens and the dirt falls out..
Glad to hear you have used both. Do you think the Dyson cleans better than the Oreck? Is it lighter than the Oreck?
It is heavier than the Oreck but I think it cleans better.

I use a Dyson and love it. I had been an Oreck lover before that....althought I still like Orecks I am impressed with the Dyson. I have the Slim Model. It is orange and grey and it is lighter than some of the other models. I have vacuumed everyday for the past four years with it and it picks up a lot of dirt. I love seeing it the dirt swirl around in the bagless container. When it needs emtpying I take it outside to the garbage can and stick the container in the can and press the release button and bottom of the can opens and the dirt falls out..
Glad to hear you have used both. Do you think the Dyson cleans better than the Oreck? Is it lighter than the Oreck?
It is heavier than the Oreck but I think it cleans better.
The other thing you have to take into consideration is your flooring. I have mostly hardwood floors and the Oreck is brilliant on those.

I have used many different types of vacuums over the years and there are some bad ones. My vacuum repair shop in town warned me not to buy an Oreck. He showed me the line of them that were currently in for repair and there were a lot of them. He said that the reason they are so light is the motor is too small and it stresses them. I have never owned one so I have no personal knowledge but Consumer Reports agreed with my repair man. He directed me to a Simplicity. We have had the same 4 of them for several years and they are still going strong.

I have used many different types of vacuums over the years and there are some bad ones. My vacuum repair shop in town warned me not to buy an Oreck. He showed me the line of them that were currently in for repair and there were a lot of them. He said that the reason they are so light is the motor is too small and it stresses them. I have never owned one so I have no personal knowledge but Consumer Reports agreed with my repair man. He directed me to a Simplicity. We have had the same 4 of them for several years and they are still going strong..
Thanks, I do like things to last. Perhaps the commercial grade Orecks are better? So how heavy is your simplicity? Is it bagless?

I have used many different types of vacuums over the years and there are some bad ones. My vacuum repair shop in town warned me not to buy an Oreck. He showed me the line of them that were currently in for repair and there were a lot of them. He said that the reason they are so light is the motor is too small and it stresses them. I have never owned one so I have no personal knowledge but Consumer Reports agreed with my repair man. He directed me to a Simplicity. We have had the same 4 of them for several years and they are still going strong..
Thanks, I do like things to last. Perhaps the commercial grade Orecks are better? So how heavy is your simplicity? Is it bagless?
It is not bagless and is a normal upright vacuum. http://www.simplicityvac.com/

And actually made in USA!!!!

Thanks for this link..I am in DESPERATE need of a new vac and I didn't want to buy one unless it was American- made, so I was getting my mind around a broom and dustpan for the rest of my life :)
Thank you, thank you

Back