Vicious Dog

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WindStorm%202006%20023.jpg

Talk about brand loyalty!
Snow%202007%20008.jpg

Here she is with her first real snow experience. The malimute in her was happy! She's our official meet and greet mascot. She looks cross eyed here!

WindStorm%202006%20023.jpg

Talk about brand loyalty!
Snow%202007%20008.jpg

Here she is with her first real snow experience. The malimute in her was happy! She's our official meet and greet mascot. She looks cross eyed here!.
She looks like our Libby, except for those gorgeous blue eyes! Ours is a Lab/Akita mix..
Libby.jpg

Ooh, keep going with the doggie pics! They are all so sweet...
lrg_Not%20a%20morning%20person.jpg

Is the coffee ready yet???

Gus%21.jpg

this is Gus
he was adopted by Gil (wearer of the red shoes) ... he was in a shelter, taken from an abusive home.
broken_heart.gif
he loves Gil but still gets scared when he hears certain noises. she keeps a big blanket for him to curl up and hide in if he needs to. he is so happy now! he 'prances' after Gil.
i just love him!!

Gus%21.jpg

this is Gus
he was adopted by Gil (wearer of the red shoes) ... he was in a shelter, taken from an abusive home.
broken_heart.gif
he loves Gil but still gets scared when he hears certain noises. she keeps a big blanket for him to curl up and hide in if he needs to. he is so happy now! he 'prances' after Gil.
i just love him!!.
What a cutie! Love those ears. How can anyone be abusive to an animal??? I'll bet they are the SAME people who write nasty, madeup TA reviews!!!

Little Blue said:
Got a call from a lady trying to make a reservation with two big dogs in our smallest room. She knew that not only do we not allow big dogs upstairs, but that we don't allow dogs as big as the ones she has...period. Her argument? "Well, YOU have big dogs, and the white one looks quite mean".
Here's the photo of "Lucy Goosie" she was looking at. Must be the big scary teeth, or maybe the mean name! :)
Awwww what a cutie. I love that under/over bite she has! Who the heck would think that face was mean!!!!
RIki
Lucy.jpg

We have a case now going to the state supreme court.
A woman who has an dog assistant because she is in a wheel chair was on campus coming to meet a friend. Evidently the friend and dog know each other well. The dog jumped on her when they met. She claims the dog injured her knee. The lower court found in favor of the disabled person. The dog was not vicious behavior.
The woman has now taken it to the state supreme court. Our state law says all dogs behavior is the responsibility of the owner.

We have a case now going to the state supreme court.
A woman who has an dog assistant because she is in a wheel chair was on campus coming to meet a friend. Evidently the friend and dog know each other well. The dog jumped on her when they met. She claims the dog injured her knee. The lower court found in favor of the disabled person. The dog was not vicious behavior.
The woman has now taken it to the state supreme court. Our state law says all dogs behavior is the responsibility of the owner..
Some friend.

They could still be friends... with insurance companies suing each other to figure out who pays the dr bills...
=)
Kk.

They could still be friends... with insurance companies suing each other to figure out who pays the dr bills...
=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
that is true. friend of mine fell down her boyfriend's stairs (inside the house) ... broken leg. sued his homeowner's insurance to pay her medical bills. she and boyfriend later got engaged and married.

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
that is true. friend of mine fell down her boyfriend's stairs (inside the house) ... broken leg. sued his homeowner's insurance to pay her medical bills. she and boyfriend later got engaged and married.
What insurance would be paying for this since it happened on campus?

have no idea.
am just wondering about dog assistant - trained service animal? - they are not supposed to jump up on people -- was the dog 'working' at the time?

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
The woman with the therapy dog was the one sued, not the campus.

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
Right...but what insurance company would be responsible for paying? Does her homeowners insurance cover something like that? Even if it doesn't happen at home? Would the disabled lady's medical insurance be responsible? That's my question.

=)
Kk..
YellowSocks said:
=)
Kk.
Right...but what insurance company would be responsible for paying? Does her homeowners insurance cover something like that? Even if it doesn't happen at home? Would the disabled lady's medical insurance be responsible? That's my question.
I don't know her, so can't answer that. But our homeowners insurance covers liability including dogs. Some insurance want to know what type of dogs you have and will not cover some breeds of dogs for liability.
The lower court found against the woman sueing and for the woman with the assistance dog. The 'injured' woman took it to the state supreme court. We will see what they say.

Back