Waiting for response on report

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a wee bit of dissent here, birdwatcher.
I totally agree that you should talk directly to the owner to clear up any misunderstanding about the nature of the report and your reporting relationship.
But it's really critical that you also build a good relationship with the director. She's your boss and, as you say, she's cool.
It's not necessarily a bad thing to be reporting to someone other than the owner. Make that work to your advantage. From time to time, make sure you set up some meetings with the owner whenever she's in town. Use that time to fill in more details and to shine yourself.
It can be challenging to implement someone else's vision for an inn rather than your own. But this is a great opportunity for you and I'm sure, over time, you'll all find a way to meld those roles.
Keep it positive with the owner and positive with the director. Little by little you'll be able to make the impact you want.

Well-another turn of events-The Owner called this morning and said that the director gave her notice....as of end of month. So...I will keep you informed.

Well-another turn of events-The Owner called this morning and said that the director gave her notice....as of end of month. So...I will keep you informed..
If the owner tries to give you the director's job make sure you get the director's salary, too (and your own!)

Well-another turn of events-The Owner called this morning and said that the director gave her notice....as of end of month. So...I will keep you informed..
Definitely keep us posted! Sounds like the issues were with the director after all.
Since the director handled all of their weddings and events (with your prime event season just starting), that's going to leave a big hole to fill.
Ditto to Morticia's comments re: if you end up taking over some of those responsibilities, even temporarily, be sure you get compensated fairly for the extra work!

Absolutely! I would definantely want to be compensated for it! Will keep all you posted!

tread lightly, birdwatcher ... with eyes wide open. three 'directors' in five years ... and how many innkeepers? the owner may be hard to please. may have unrealistic expectations. may not be willing to get the supplies in that you need. or maybe is simply misguided in having both a director and an innkeeper(s), as in 'too many cooks'. someone has to be in charge and i happen to think it should be the innkeeper(s). i hope it works out!

Back