Wall mounted clothes rack

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthFlorida

Reaction score
We're getting rid of the big armoire (that nobody uses) and want to install a nice little rack. Most guests only have 1-3 hangers. Some of them just use the hatrack and ignore the armoire. Any suggestions where I can order one that is "pretty"?

"wall hardware" under ikea.com is one place. But this kind of stuff is going to be everywhere, including stores like Kohls and others.
I would want to get that kind of item in the store, to make sure it is not flimsy or cheaply made.

Amazon or Wayfair for theme hangers. I got a towel rack made from an oar. I love it.

If you're not up to making your own with found pieces (like the oar Beachie mentioned) try someplace like Marshalls or Home Goods or Tuesday Morning. They usually have fun pieces. I made one with a wooden board that had a beach scene painted on it. Attached 3 coat hooks and added hangers.
It's amazing what the room will look like without the huge piece of furniture!

That's so funny. We have a wall hooks and people sometime complain that there is not enough hanging places.

I'm more of the do-it-yourself and make it to fit the space school, but for a similar use I purchased a flat metal bar about 2 inches by 24 inches and had several horse shoes welded to it and painted it black, makes for a strong trouble free clothes rack and fits with our décor. Can follow up with a picture if there is any interest.

Latest posts

Back