Washing Machine

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any heard of the silver care? Uses silver ions to sanitize. This is suppose to be a very old concept reinvented..
Not for a washer..but my hot tub uses silver ion cartridge instead of the regular chemicals.
That is the same idea. I didn't know you could use that idea in spas. Can I get this for my spa I have or does it have to come that way from the beginning?
I read many many years ago they used to throw silver dollars in the wash water.
I wonder how you know if the little bars are not doing their work any longer.

Any heard of the silver care? Uses silver ions to sanitize. This is suppose to be a very old concept reinvented..
Not for a washer..but my hot tub uses silver ion cartridge instead of the regular chemicals.
That is the same idea. I didn't know you could use that idea in spas. Can I get this for my spa I have or does it have to come that way from the beginning?
I read many many years ago they used to throw silver dollars in the wash water.
I wonder how you know if the little bars are not doing their work any longer.
No I think it requires a special set up with the spa. Though you can check with your spa dealer. It is a cartridge you slip inside the filter in that chamber..so I guess it has to be the right size to do that. You can use it for 3 or 4 months and then it has to be changed. I have gone longer since I am the only use using the hot tub. I also have an ozonator on the tub which it works in conjunction with that.
It is a HOT SPRINGS system. This link will show you what it looks like.
http://www.spastoreshopping.com/frescarforho.html

Silver care is available on a couple of Samsung models. It can sanitize the clothing in cold water using a silver plate that will emit ions if activated. It can keep bacteria from growing up to two weeks after use. There is some controversy on how the spent silver is going to affect the environment. Steam will give you a similar result without damaging the clothes the way the 165F sanitize cycle can. Hope that helps.
BBBBob

Silver care is available on a couple of Samsung models. It can sanitize the clothing in cold water using a silver plate that will emit ions if activated. It can keep bacteria from growing up to two weeks after use. There is some controversy on how the spent silver is going to affect the environment. Steam will give you a similar result without damaging the clothes the way the 165F sanitize cycle can. Hope that helps.
BBBBob
What is 165F?

BBBBob
What is 165F?
Sorry, 165° Fahrenheit.
BBBBob

We are still using the same Maytag Neptune washer and dryer that we purchased when we open our 7 room inn over 7 years ago. Love them...replaced the rubber gasket on the washer when it got moldy but no other problems. We only use HE detergent, Oxiclean and vinegar with the towels. We triple sheet and have a busy inn yet the washer and dryer have performed.

We are still using the same Maytag Neptune washer and dryer that we purchased when we open our 7 room inn over 7 years ago. Love them...replaced the rubber gasket on the washer when it got moldy but no other problems. We only use HE detergent, Oxiclean and vinegar with the towels. We triple sheet and have a busy inn yet the washer and dryer have performed..
Hey Linda...Welcome...glad you found us!
welcome.gif
Miss seeing all my BBAV friends and former board members:)

Because you are a business, whatever you buy get a warranty for parts & labor. You need prompt attention when something goes wrong.

Because you are a business, whatever you buy get a warranty for parts & labor. You need prompt attention when something goes wrong..
Alibi Ike said:
Because you are a business, whatever you buy get a warranty for parts & labor. You need prompt attention when something goes wrong.
Frigidaire gave us a battle on our freezer - just 2 months after purchase. One of their licensed repairmen said our warranty was void because it was used as a business appliance. I said, it is also our home. We called the other repairman on their list, nothing more was said. I don't know if the 1st guy was just being a jerk or if they do have some polices regarding types of use. Now we make sure to only give them our cell numbers that we do not answer stating our b&b name.

Hurray! After three weeks of demolition and construction, our personal bath has been completely remodeled and we now have a spacious new laundry room with our new high capacity washer and dryer. DW is a happy camper.

Hurray! After three weeks of demolition and construction, our personal bath has been completely remodeled and we now have a spacious new laundry room with our new high capacity washer and dryer. DW is a happy camper..
GREAT!! So what model did you get? Give a report on how it does after you have used it for a while..please...I will be in the market sometime in the near future.

We went with the Whirlpool Cabrio. Consumer Reports gave it their highest rating. So far, DW LOVES IT!

I guess I am coming in way late on this. I have a Sears washer that we bought in 1995. Never had any question about type of usage when they came to do the yearly check-ups (until it was so old it was not worth getting the service warranty any longer). A sensor controlling the spin died a couple months ago. Around $200 for part, service call, and he cleaned the machine - went over it pretty good while he was here and said it is in good shape for its age. The dryer died this spring and we replaced it with the least expensive basic large capacity the local guy had. A brand I never hear of, but it is working.
But I am not doing 20 loads a day either.....

I agree!! Anytime you have the electronic controls and have to have any repairs - watch out!! $$$ They wanted $150 to replace the panel (before service call costs) and of course it was JUST out of warranty. So when I went with a new one I choose one with the old mechanical controls, and got an extended warranty.

I guess I am coming in way late on this. I have a Sears washer that we bought in 1995. Never had any question about type of usage when they came to do the yearly check-ups (until it was so old it was not worth getting the service warranty any longer). A sensor controlling the spin died a couple months ago. Around $200 for part, service call, and he cleaned the machine - went over it pretty good while he was here and said it is in good shape for its age. The dryer died this spring and we replaced it with the least expensive basic large capacity the local guy had. A brand I never hear of, but it is working.
But I am not doing 20 loads a day either......
Like "Gillumhouse" I have an old washer but mine is a large load Maytag. It's 19 1/2 yrs old, never repaired and still running as of this morning. But I am only 2 B&B cottages here. Have King beds and sheet towels so loads are large and a new washer will be needed soon. How much longer can it last ? Mary in Bwater.

But I am not doing 20 loads a day either......
Like "Gillumhouse" I have an old washer but mine is a large load Maytag. It's 19 1/2 yrs old, never repaired and still running as of this morning. But I am only 2 B&B cottages here. Have King beds and sheet towels so loads are large and a new washer will be needed soon. How much longer can it last ? Mary in Bwater.
Do you all realize you are responding to a spammer who to an OLD post? Just say'n
confused_smile.gif

Back