We can't stand you....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I still don't understand the comments here, as most of what is said on that article is said here daily, other than the we are armed, part. Just spread out a bit more..
We vent about the .1%, that article made it sound as if we thought of our 99.9% that way. It is an article geared to put people OFF of B & B inn my opinion.
I think that sums it up. I operate under the assumption that there are 99 great guests that just don't get mentioned here.

I guess I still don't understand the comments here, as most of what is said on that article is said here daily, other than the we are armed, part. Just spread out a bit more..
We vent about the .1%, that article made it sound as if we thought of our 99.9% that way. It is an article geared to put people OFF of B & B inn my opinion.
I think that sums it up. I operate under the assumption that there are 99 great guests that just don't get mentioned here.
happykeeper said:
Yes that is true. They are not as newsworthy. :)
The title was "confessions" happy stories about guests loving their breakfast don't make articles. We hold them dear, of course. Most of us don't brag too much on our great guests, but we really appreciate them.
I know, I hear you, all of you, and I agree. Just speaking out loud, and perhaps in warning that sometimes what we talk about here in this open forum may be shared out there. Also, I am very sad when I heard terrible innkeeper stories from our guests, yes I hear them and I am sure y'all do too. Not about this forum of innkeepers, these innkeepers here are stellar!
thumbs_up.gif

happykeeper said:
The title was "confessions" happy stories about guests loving their breakfast don't make articles. We hold them dear, of course. Most of us don't brag too much on our great guests, but we really appreciate them.
I know, I hear you, all of you, and I agree. Just speaking out loud, and perhaps in warning that sometimes what we talk about here in this open forum may be shared out there. Also, I am very sad when I heard terrible innkeeper stories from our guests, yes I hear them and I am sure y'all do too. Not about this forum of innkeepers, these innkeepers here are stellar!
thumbs_up.gif

Yes, it's sad when we hear the negative innkeeper stores. A wonderful couple just left here and the place they stayed at before us was amazingly beautiful and they couldn't believe how much money must have gone into making it that way. Turns out they didn't like their stay and felt very uncomfortable there because there were too many rules. Lots of signs, don't do this, don't do that, use the coasters, etc.
As much as we want to protect our stuff, we just can't put signs up everywhere!

happykeeper said:
thumbs_up.gif

Yes, it's sad when we hear the negative innkeeper stores. A wonderful couple just left here and the place they stayed at before us was amazingly beautiful and they couldn't believe how much money must have gone into making it that way. Turns out they didn't like their stay and felt very uncomfortable there because there were too many rules. Lots of signs, don't do this, don't do that, use the coasters, etc.
Breakfast Diva said:
One of the first things we did when we moved in was remove the "Keep off the grass" sign on the lawn.

happykeeper said:
thumbs_up.gif

we only have 3 signs in the whole place
(1) back of breakfast room door which says breakfast times - we tell them on check in and its on the welcome letter but putting it in large letters seems to help with them banging on the door to get in.
(2) sign in each room that says put towels in the shower if you want them changing by the shower
(3) large sign in the hall by the old bell which says please use the contact phone in reception as it calls us where ever we are - but they still ring the bell which is pointless (its gone wrong in some way and it is VERY quiet ie if you are not stood under it you can't hear it - therefore a contact phone - that way we can be got hold off ANYWHERE -
And yet we get "we rang the bell but you didn't come" - and I point to the large sign next to it saying don't bother use the contact phone we told you about on check in. - unfortunately we can't remove it without redecorating the wall but when we do its going to be the first thing to go.

JB, just seems like it's a compilation of many vents over time from many sources. So, not genuine from one Bob & Emily set of innkeepers. ;-)

Back