"We love B&B's" does not necessarily translate...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussie Innkeeper

Reaction score
..to "we are good B&B guests"!! Checked guests in yesterday afternoon. Guy by himself says he will be picking up his wife later at the airport (he was already in the area on business). He states that they stay at B&B's a lot, all over the country. Always a little concerned when guy checks in by himself. Explained the usual, including breakfast at 9. Well, they arrive to sit down for breakfast at 10. grrr. Then they go out for the day and we go up to fluff the room - you guessed it - wet towels everywhere, stuff hanging from the bed posters, make-up all over the towels (make up remover cloths not touched, neither were the dark 'makeup' washcloths), EXTREMELY messy toilet (use your imagination and then multiply it)!! I could go on.
I just hope they're not going 'all over the country' wreaking this same havoc on other, unsuspecting innkeepers!

It's been my observation that you have to have all members of the party present in order for all pieces of the info to stick. (We post the breakfast time, check out time and WiFi code in three separate places, as well as saying them out loud.)
So, he probably told her breakfast was at 10. And then it didn't matter if you had it written down in the room. That's what he heard.
I've had guests repeat the breakfast time back at me (I said 8-9:30) - 'you said breakfast was from 9-10, right?'
I'm just glad they asked.

Not good guests at all. Stay home.
I find it is better in numbers when checking in. The more ears the better. But not necessarily make it more accurate.
cry_smile.gif

They arrived for breakfast this morning bright an early at 9:37! Maybe tomorrow they'll actually be on time. I sure hope so, Spousling and I are driving down the shore for an overnight. No guests for tomorrow night, so I'm taking a day off!

They arrived for breakfast this morning bright an early at 9:37! Maybe tomorrow they'll actually be on time. I sure hope so, Spousling and I are driving down the shore for an overnight. No guests for tomorrow night, so I'm taking a day off!.
Enjoy the day off! We are full now and in full swing….. Right now we have a family reunion which has been coming every year since the children were toddlers which are now mostly in their twenties. Fun times!

Messy guests often don't think they are messy ... 'room service' will take care of it, right? Toilets ... ugh
I had a lot of wet towels left on beds and furniture. Hard to understand ... I wouldn't want my bed that I'm going to sleep in to be wet from bath and hair towels. Do you suppose they do that at home?
They might love b&b's but they're not the kind of guests a b&b would love.

Messy guests often don't think they are messy ... 'room service' will take care of it, right? Toilets ... ugh
I had a lot of wet towels left on beds and furniture. Hard to understand ... I wouldn't want my bed that I'm going to sleep in to be wet from bath and hair towels. Do you suppose they do that at home?
They might love b&b's but they're not the kind of guests a b&b would love..
seashanty said:
They might love b&b's but they're not the kind of guests a b&b would love.
This is why I so love having a housekeeper. I don't need to clean up the mess. I can just be the happy host.

Couple only stays at our place. Every year since before we bought it. They love us. Love the renovations.
Leave garbage, dirty (make up) face cloths, mysterious stains on the bedspread, no tip.
Yeah, we love you too!
(Actually, VERY nice people. We do like them and enjoy visiting. But the mess!)

Couple only stays at our place. Every year since before we bought it. They love us. Love the renovations.
Leave garbage, dirty (make up) face cloths, mysterious stains on the bedspread, no tip.
Yeah, we love you too!
(Actually, VERY nice people. We do like them and enjoy visiting. But the mess!).
TheBeachHouse said:
Yeah, we love you too!
(Actually, VERY nice people. We do like them and enjoy visiting. But the mess!)
We have a couple guests like that and we anticipate their stay by using a little older but still very nice linens & bedding. That way if something gets ruined, we don't get upset about it.

Back