Web hosting

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ice

Reaction score
I'm looking for Web hosting. Who do you all have? Acorn really jumped in price.

We switched to inmotion and if you look up their name and coupon, you get a great deal.

Swirt told me to get 1and1.com. It is reasonablly priced and hardly ever is down (I get notifications from my web tracker so I know for sure). The times it has been down, it is the wee hours of the morning and maybe 15 minutes perhaps 2 or 3 times a year at most.I have been with them since about 2004.

Google hosts my site for free (yes, FREE!). I worked with a great company called Confluent Forms to move all of my content to a Google blog format, which also helps with SEO. It would probably help even more if I blogged regularly :D The website easily integrates with ReservationKey, too.

We use Khimaira-GreenEarthHost, EN suggested them to me. I’ve been very pleased with them, real people you can actually speak with and understand and I feel cost was good too

Yes, they are really getting expensive! A new custom site is over $8500. They just did BnBfinders site as well. Not impressed at all.

We use Khimaira-GreenEarthHost, EN suggested them to me. I’ve been very pleased with them, real people you can actually speak with and understand and I feel cost was good too.
JimBoone said:
We use Khimaira-GreenEarthHost, EN suggested them to me. I’ve been very pleased with them, real people you can actually speak with and understand and I feel cost was good too
Ditto.

If you're even a little tech-savy - check out WIX and WIX Hotels! (we are a smaller B&B so it is great!)
Reasonable hosting, update/makes changes when you want, great templates, plus their own online reservation software with online payments (credit cards or paypal), special offer options, chat options and more!

If you're even a little tech-savy - check out WIX and WIX Hotels! (we are a smaller B&B so it is great!)
Reasonable hosting, update/makes changes when you want, great templates, plus their own online reservation software with online payments (credit cards or paypal), special offer options, chat options and more!.
But who OWNS the site? If you want to move to a different hosting company, can you take the content of the website elsewhere? From what I have understood, with WIX and Bouteeq, the content and domain is theirs.

Reasonable hosting, update/makes changes when you want, great templates, plus their own online reservation software with online payments (credit cards or paypal), special offer options, chat options and more!.
But who OWNS the site? If you want to move to a different hosting company, can you take the content of the website elsewhere? From what I have understood, with WIX and Bouteeq, the content and domain is theirs.
gillumhouse said:
Excellent point! I was with Buuteeq before they got bought by booking.con a few years ago. That woke me up to the reality of needing to own my website. It's a substantial investment to have someone build your website, but it's also your biggest source of advertising. I don't want to be tacky and quote numbers, but I didn't pay anywhere close to $8000 for Confluent Forms to create a new website for me.
I dropped my useless business listing on TA and used the $1000 it saved me towards my new site. Also just dropped my listing with the local visitor's center when they doubled their price, then "bragged" to me that they'd sent 134 clicks to our website in the past YEAR. I can get that in a few days through a FB ad campaign! Analyzing where you're spending your advertising dollars can help you reallocate money towards a new website.

Currently I have about 6 hosting packages with 4 different providers.
Even though I've been recommending inmotionHosting for a year or so, I've started with SiteGround about 3 months ago and I'm shocked by the speed and performance. I forgot how it feels to get pages loaded almost instantly, so maybe that's something to look at.

A bit late seeing this, but I recommend HawkHost for cheap but fast & reliable hosting. Black Friday through Cyber Monday is generally the best time to buy with recurring discount of at least 50%. This year is 55% which gets you hosting for as little as $32.29 for two years. https://blog.hawkhost.com/2017/11/26/2017-cyber-monday-sales-sign-up-and-save-70-on-your-new-order/
If you order it seems to default to the bigger, but one time discount. I'd definitely remove the coupon and use the recurring coupon cmshared2017r
This years Cyber Monday sales will be active from now through 11:59 PM CST Tuesday November 28th
If you are looking after Tuesday, HawkHost is still one of the best values at normal pricing but they usually have 30% or so recurring coupons most of the time. Typically pops up after briefly browsing their website.
SiteGround is good too of course, but their discount is only off the first invoice and more expensive anyway. OVH also runs half off the first year on their already cheap VPS prices on Black Friday (valid through tomorrow 11/27) if you or your web developer know how to install a web server on Linux. I'm letting my half off OVH VPS from last year expire and getting a new one for half off.

Back