Webervations Price Increase

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to sound so ignorant but I am just getting our website put together. We would use webervations for room reservations and a seperate program for the credit card payments?.
knerrsotb said:
I hate to sound so ignorant but I am just getting our website put together. We would use webervations for room reservations and a seperate program for the credit card payments?
Good question, and welcome to Innspiring. Webervations is generally used in conjunction with a separate credit card processing system (either computer based or just using a credit card terminal that dials out through your phone line. I believe there was or is an option for having Webervations actually process them but I don't think many people used it. John probably has more info on that.
swirt said:
knerrsotb said:
I hate to sound so ignorant but I am just getting our website put together. We would use webervations for room reservations and a seperate program for the credit card payments?
Good question, and welcome to Innspiring. Webervations is generally used in conjunction with a separate credit card processing system (either computer based or just using a credit card terminal that dials out through your phone line. I believe there was or is an option for having Webervations actually process them but I don't think many people used it. John probably has more info on that.
Well, as a matter of fact... Webervations had a credit card integration now long before we acquired it.. I hate to let the cat out of the bag, but you are going to hear about it this week in any case....
Let me first say that cc processing integrations are difficult to do properly. David, the former owner of Webervatiosn did it though - and he made it work well. Kudos to David, few have pulled it off well. The problem is that it is not cheap to do, and it was really expensive to use in Webervations - to get the cc processing module, it cost $35/month extra on top of your Webervations fees. Yes - that is $35/month, or over $400/year on top of cc fees. Considering the average Webervations customer only pays a fraction of that for the Webervations system, you can see how that was a bit out-of-line on pricing.
So we piggy-backed on our Intuit relationship and this week will be announcing that Weber 1.0 customers (soon 2.0) will be able to do full lodging-certifed processing through Intuit/QBMS the same as RezOvation GT customers have been able to do. And there is no extra charge. We are wiping out the $35/month surcharge that Webervations used to have, and offering it along with the Weber 1.0 product with no extra fees, same as we do with Rezo GT.
This includes full swiped-rates, as well as automatic deposit charging. This isn't just a virtual terminal tied into Weber 1.0, but a fully blown-out cc processing product that will take credit cards online in the booking path if you want to, charge them at reservation, take a deposit, and so on. It is the same exact pricing and deal as Rezo GT - nothing up-front, no long-term contract, no early termination fees, the same great low-rates, and fully integrated to Weber.
We think it is a big addition to the product and we are really happy to be able to offer it while getting rid of the fee. Hats off to our product and dev team (Ben, Shane, and Chris), and our Weber team in Ohio (Andy, Adam, Michael and Zach). They have worked really hard to bring this product to market from desiging to development to testing. The official announcement is coming this week, but I've personally been really excited about it and couldn't resist posting.

I hate to sound so ignorant but I am just getting our website put together. We would use webervations for room reservations and a seperate program for the credit card payments?.
knerrsotb said:
swirt said:
knerrsotb said:
Well, as a matter of fact... Webervations had a credit card integration now long before we acquired it.. I hate to let the cat out of the bag, but you are going to hear about it this week in any case....
Let me first say that cc processing integrations are difficult to do properly. David, the former owner of Webervatiosn did it though - and he made it work well. Kudos to David, few have pulled it off well. The problem is that it is not cheap to do, and it was really expensive to use in Webervations - to get the cc processing module, it cost $35/month extra on top of your Webervations fees. Yes - that is $35/month, or over $400/year on top of cc fees. Considering the average Webervations customer only pays a fraction of that for the Webervations system, you can see how that was a bit out-of-line on pricing.
So we piggy-backed on our Intuit relationship and this week will be announcing that Weber 1.0 customers (soon 2.0) will be able to do full lodging-certifed processing through Intuit/QBMS the same as RezOvation GT customers have been able to do. And there is no extra charge. We are wiping out the $35/month surcharge that Webervations used to have, and offering it along with the Weber 1.0 product with no extra fees, same as we do with Rezo GT.
This includes full swiped-rates, as well as automatic deposit charging. This isn't just a virtual terminal tied into Weber 1.0, but a fully blown-out cc processing product that will take credit cards online in the booking path if you want to, charge them at reservation, take a deposit, and so on. It is the same exact pricing and deal as Rezo GT - nothing up-front, no long-term contract, no early termination fees, the same great low-rates, and fully integrated to Weber.
We think it is a big addition to the product and we are really happy to be able to offer it while getting rid of the fee. Hats off to our product and dev team (Ben, Shane, and Chris), and our Weber team in Ohio (Andy, Adam, Michael and Zach). They have worked really hard to bring this product to market from desiging to development to testing. The official announcement is coming this week, but I've personally been really excited about it and couldn't resist posting.
Does it have the same PCI that rezo has?
That rugrat has really grown!! she is as pretty as her sister!

knerrsotb said:
swirt said:
knerrsotb said:
WOW! That is pretty exciting news. If it works even half as well as it does in RezovationGT people will be really happy with it. That feature in GT saves me a siginificant amount of time.

knerrsotb said:
swirt said:
knerrsotb said:
Does it have the same PCI that rezo has?
That rugrat has really grown!! she is as pretty as her sister!
She really has! Very entertaining right now running around and saying a few words!
The short answer is yes, but it is a slightly different PCI situation. GT is an application which has its own set of rules (PA-DSS), and Webervations is straight PCI.
All of BB.com, Rezo, and Webervations are currently going through a Level 1 PCI Audit - the highest you can get. If you need the engagement letter (which is what you need to demonstrate you are using a compliant system) btw - we share it so that all cc processors can see we are going through it. So it will be of the highest security level, all verified by an official third party, showing up on the PCI approved website and the Visa trusted third-party site as soon as we complete the audit.

knerrsotb said:
swirt said:
knerrsotb said:
Well I guess that will make me look at my current processing again... Thanks for the heads up John. Oh, and by the way the picture is adorable!

Back