Wedding packages

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
My BIL is eloping next week. This is the pkg they got:
Our romantic elopement package includes a two-night stay in one of our secluded honeymoon cottages or an elegant guestroom in the main house. We contact the local Justice of the Peace and arrange the ceremony if you wish. He does not have a set fee for his services but accepts a small honorarium of your choosing. Your private ceremony may be held in the parlor, library, cottage, or on the porch or lawns, by the pond or gazebo. You choose the location after you arrive. We furnish a complimentary bottle of chilled champagne for the wedding toast, a three layer wedding cake, table decorations, long-stemmed red rose for the bride, approximately 50 high quality digital photos of your special day, edited in color and in black and white, several snapshot size prints for you to take with you, and a CD with all your photos. We provide luxurious transportation in our 1939 Cadillac limousine, complete with a certificate for $75 to be used for dinner.
This is an elopment pkg; there is no mention of guests of any kind being allowed to come witness the event.
We decided to help defray the cost of this. I called today to find out how much they had put down for a deposit (I figured we'd pick up the rest). No deposit taken, total is $820.
What do you all think? Is this a good price? Would YOU do what they are doing (the inn) for that price? If no guests are allowed, it sounds pretty straighforward. Not sure who takes the pix, tho. They had some decent shots on their website.
This sort of pkg sounds do-able to me. I guess I'd have to see the photos of the whole set up to decide. We'd love to crash the wedding. Just head over, witness, go home. Don't know what time it is, tho, and the groom won't tell us (he knows us too well...). The bride doesn't know us, that's why she spilled the beans where they are going...

Sounds like a pretty cheap price for what they are offering. I'm not surprised about no guests being included. If there are guests, could it really be called "eloping"? Just looking at 2 nights and a limo as priced separately in this area you're talking about ~$550 and that doesn't include all the grunt work and supplies they are offering.
Would I offer the package for $820? No way, but that is just me. Too much work in my opinion.

Sounds like a pretty cheap price for what they are offering. I'm not surprised about no guests being included. If there are guests, could it really be called "eloping"? Just looking at 2 nights and a limo as priced separately in this area you're talking about ~$550 and that doesn't include all the grunt work and supplies they are offering.
Would I offer the package for $820? No way, but that is just me. Too much work in my opinion..
swirt said:
Would I offer the package for $820? No way, but that is just me. Too much work in my opinion.
Just getting the room is $500 without the pkg. I think the inn owns the car. Not that they shouldn't charge for its use.

Would I offer the package for $820? No way, but that is just me. Too much work in my opinion..
swirt said:
Just getting the room is $500 without the pkg. I think the inn owns the car. Not that they shouldn't charge for its use.
Assuming the place is nice enough to justify $250 per night, I think that all the other stuff they are throwing in for the remaining $320 seems like a good deal.

That is cheap!! Have you Googled other B&B elopement packages? They have the room for 2 nights, champagne, table decorations, rose for the bride, a 3 -layer cake (have you priced that lately or know the time to make a nice one?), a $75 dinner gift certificate with transportation (it's innkeeper's time, remember?), and 50 digital pictures (again, the innkeepers are taking the time to take the photos). It's definitely a bargain. The innkeepers have to set this up even for an elopement. Definitely a very good price!

That is cheap!! Have you Googled other B&B elopement packages? They have the room for 2 nights, champagne, table decorations, rose for the bride, a 3 -layer cake (have you priced that lately or know the time to make a nice one?), a $75 dinner gift certificate with transportation (it's innkeeper's time, remember?), and 50 digital pictures (again, the innkeepers are taking the time to take the photos). It's definitely a bargain. The innkeepers have to set this up even for an elopement. Definitely a very good price!.
I hadn't even bothered to check other places. I was wondering if it was priced-right for the innkeeper. Now the family is emailing and asking if they're getting married here!

Back