We're good, we have GPS

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have two adjacent towns with the same name (more or less), and between them there are three roads with the same name (more or less) and we are on one of those roads. Guests who are not aware of the subtle distinctions can (and have) inadvertently mis-program their GPS and end up on a whole different peninsula than the one we are on.
Guests who do program their GPS corrently often get routed to us via what we think of as the "back way" (although it actually is more direct), and thus arrive having driven miles and miles of rural backroads thinking we are out in the middle of nowhere, having missed the town just a mile or two away that has a major chain supermarket, 40+ restaurants, several big hotels, numerous B&B's and Inns, tons of shops, and loads of tourists (in season).....
GPS brings my guests the shortest route. That is a narrow, twisty road with NO shoulder on either side (we are talking big DITCH on each side) that locals use as a major commuter route - IN DAYLIGHT! We really do not use it at night as when these DC folks are navigating it and no antelope but plenty of deer are playing Russian Roulette with any cars on the road. The road I bring them in on is interesting enough. THAT road is INTERESTING!!

We have two adjacent towns with the same name (more or less), and between them there are three roads with the same name (more or less) and we are on one of those roads. Guests who are not aware of the subtle distinctions can (and have) inadvertently mis-program their GPS and end up on a whole different peninsula than the one we are on.
Guests who do program their GPS corrently often get routed to us via what we think of as the "back way" (although it actually is more direct), and thus arrive having driven miles and miles of rural backroads thinking we are out in the middle of nowhere, having missed the town just a mile or two away that has a major chain supermarket, 40+ restaurants, several big hotels, numerous B&B's and Inns, tons of shops, and loads of tourists (in season).....
There's a back way in? I have to go look at the map again!
Lakeside Drive

There's a back way in? I have to go look at the map again!
Lakeside Drive
There it is! Now I know somewhat how to avoid the traffic.
I won't blog about it!

Back