We're Swimming Here....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
As many know I'm in NE Georgia and we've had rain for more than 7 straight days. All our creeks and lakes are flooding around us, they are closing many streets around us. They say we've had aprox. 15" of rain in 24 hours! There has been something like 6 people confirmed dead with one of them being a 2year old who died in their flooded trailer after it was swept into a creek
sad_smile.gif
We are slated to have more rain tonight starting around midnight.....
I'm attaching a picture of a retaining wall in our backyard which looked like a waterfall today!
rain%20008.jpg

Yes, we are all OK with no real damage. Our daughter left work at 6pm and normally has a 20 minute drive, well it's 9:30 here and she is still in traffic trying to get home because of all the road closures. They even had to close the highway for several exits.

Yes, we are all OK with no real damage. Our daughter left work at 6pm and normally has a 20 minute drive, well it's 9:30 here and she is still in traffic trying to get home because of all the road closures. They even had to close the highway for several exits..
stay safe!

I saw it on the news. That's incredible. A new use for an AeroBed, a raft. Glad to hear you are alright.

Been in touch with many of my friends there and all are stuck at home...and the best place for them!!! Several have stated they are worried about some the trees falling due to the drenched ground. Be safe. I know exactly what this is like...back in our record '95 flood - 28" in 24hrs with no place for runnoff. Of course that was our last home.

Oh no. Feast or famine. I saw a pic of the flooded freeway today. This is awful. I hope all works out, and you can dry up soon. My best thoughts are coming your way.

Did the creek recede below the retainer wall yet? Heard the sun was out for at least a little while. Saw pictures of the litle league football fields in your town. That was really bad. Water was up to the bottom of the U on the goal post.

Did the creek recede below the retainer wall yet? Heard the sun was out for at least a little while. Saw pictures of the litle league football fields in your town. That was really bad. Water was up to the bottom of the U on the goal post..
Copperhead said:
Did the creek recede below the retainer wall yet? Heard the sun was out for at least a little while. Saw pictures of the litle league football fields in your town. That was really bad. Water was up to the bottom of the U on the goal post.
We don't even have a creek behind that retaining wall, that was just heavy rain! We feel very blessed that we didn't have any damage, those football fields are only about 5 miles from our house. Here's a youtube video about the little 2yr old that died yesterday, warning, it will make you cry.....
www.youtube.com/watch

Hope your daughter made it home OK. Property can be replaced - people cannot. Keep a row boat handy.

Hope your daughter made it home OK. Property can be replaced - people cannot. Keep a row boat handy..
gillumhouse said:
Hope your daughter made it home OK. Property can be replaced - people cannot. Keep a row boat handy.
Thank you! Yes, she finally made it home at 10pm (a 4 hour drive that normally takes 20 minutes).

Hope your daughter made it home OK. Property can be replaced - people cannot. Keep a row boat handy..
gillumhouse said:
Thank you! Yes, she finally made it home at 10pm (a 4 hour drive that normally takes 20 minutes).
I called my cousin in Marietta yesterday and she was OK but her neighbor had 3 inches in their downstairs from the retention pond behind them (my cousin is high enough it did not get her).

We had minor flooding compared to the Northern parts of the State. They were staging water release on the river upstream though and our RiverWalk was flooded for several days (it was built to take flooding). Also, one of our bridges was closed. We never got up to flood level on the river here but it was pretty dang high!
Hope you're drying out!

Back