What a day

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a ton of boxes of shower parts etc that I keep in the basement for these emergencies what tends to break with us is tha part that holds the shower head in place..
We all probably have something that's the equivalent to a mini-hardware store on site with all kinds of things in them. haha.
Samster said:
We all probably have something that's the equivalent to a mini-hardware store on site with all kinds of things in them. haha.
What totally surprised us in moving here was the LACK of parts or tools! We looked for stuff like that on the tour when we were set on buying this place. Nothing but car parts. When we got here, all that was left behind was a broken shovel. We had to rebuild our 'spare parts' collection over the years.
I guess your PO's hired everything out then. They couldn't have been do-it-yourself people without any "junk" around.
regular_smile.gif

Part of the reason we had so many 'small' projects when we first got here. They had a work-around for everything that didn't work because they decided to stop hiring out the jobs and they didn't do them themselves.
It was the weirdest thing...they told us they did everything themselves, but there were no tools or parts anywhere. Guests told us they hired someone to do everything and the neighbors said the same thing.
Yes, I like that term "work-around", and that's exactly how our PO's were...if something didn't work they had the perfect excuse or alternate when we were just like "How 'bout just fix it and then you're done?". They also conveyed a strong attitude of Our Way Is Best so the guests could like it or lump it.
This is a perfect example...our first day here, they were going to show us how to clean the rooms. I figured I could make a bed, so I went ahead and did that on my own. Then I was to be shown how to clean the bathroom. There was a scuff mark on the shower where the door rubbed (which we had alreayd noted as this was the room we were sleeping in our first night here). I was told, 'Now, this is how you clean that mark off.' And I said, 'Not to worry, we brought along a screwdriver to fix the door.'
Seriously, one of the screws that held the door was loose. 2 seconds and the problem went away.
Niiiiice! you probably blew their minds!

Back