What a night....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep. this was definately the last time. I will take the "Laundry facilitie's available" off the website. Also the small dogs allowed.
I love dogs and hate to turn people away , but even thou I charge $35.00 extra per night, I really don't think it's worth it. Stripping the whole room....here it is 2:40 pm and I am only on my second blanket....not even the sheets or towels...told my guests: "I am sure glad I live here, I'd still be here tomorrow doing all that laundry".....
OHHHH you had that on your website...well no wonder. Glad you are taking it off!!! Room rate does not include your water, detergent and fabric softener:-(
Finally had time to take it off my ewb site...no more laundry, no more pets...ahhhhh
Mooseberry Inn said:
Finally had time to take it off my ewb site...no more laundry, no more pets...ahhhhh
We had our first (that I know of) dog 'accident' in the room. Tiny dog, tiny accident. Hubs said, 'How did you find THAT?' ha, ha, I said, 'It looked out of place.'
wink_smile.gif

That's funny....
One couple told me bout an experience they had at another B&B.....A guy came downstairs to the common room and said to the Innkeeper, " My dog messed in the room, could you go and clean it up?"
I would have shown him and his dog the door.....
The nerve some people have....
Mooseberry Inn said:
That's funny....
One couple told me bout an experience they had at another B&B.....A guy came downstairs to the common room and said to the Innkeeper, " My dog messed in the room, could you go and clean it up?"
I would have resented the implication that he was 'too good' to clean up after his dog, but it was ok for me to do so. And I would have thanked him for letting us know immediately so we could take care of it. Best to do it yourself rather than have the guests just smear it everywhere and use the good towels to do so.
My guess is the guests here never even saw it. We got right after it with carpet cleaner in the hopes it doesn't get permanently 'marked' as a place in the room to do that.

yep. this was definately the last time. I will take the "Laundry facilitie's available" off the website. Also the small dogs allowed.
I love dogs and hate to turn people away , but even thou I charge $35.00 extra per night, I really don't think it's worth it. Stripping the whole room....here it is 2:40 pm and I am only on my second blanket....not even the sheets or towels...told my guests: "I am sure glad I live here, I'd still be here tomorrow doing all that laundry".....
OHHHH you had that on your website...well no wonder. Glad you are taking it off!!! Room rate does not include your water, detergent and fabric softener:-(
Mooseberry Inn said:
We had our first (that I know of) dog 'accident' in the room. Tiny dog, tiny accident. Hubs said, 'How did you find THAT?' ha, ha, I said, 'It looked out of place.'
wink_smile.gif

That's funny....
Mooseberry Inn said:
That's funny....
I would have resented the implication that he was 'too good' to clean up after his dog, but it was ok for me to do so. And I would have thanked him for letting us know immediately so we could take care of it. Best to do it yourself rather than have the guests just smear it everywhere and use the good towels to do so.
My guess is the guests here never even saw it. We got right after it with carpet cleaner in the hopes it doesn't get permanently 'marked' as a place in the room to do that.
I think I would want people to let me know too so I can make sure it is really clean. But I guess this guy was the type who is used to having his personal maid with him, the way he said it, with an "goody two-shoes" attitude.

Mooseberry Inn said:
wink_smile.gif

That's funny....
Mooseberry Inn said:
That's funny....
I think I would want people to let me know too so I can make sure it is really clean. But I guess this guy was the type who is used to having his personal maid with him, the way he said it, with an "goody two-shoes" attitude.
Last summer there was a summer-only fill-in kind of show on called 'The Starter Wife'. The first episode showed the family all around the pool with the dog pooping here and there. The whole family walked around it and finally the hot-shot husband called over to the wife, 'Get that cleaned up.' She yelled at the maid, 'Get that cleaned up.'
My guess is that's what the guy you mentioned was like...

Mooseberry Inn said:
wink_smile.gif

That's funny....
Mooseberry Inn said:
That's funny....
Last summer there was a summer-only fill-in kind of show on called 'The Starter Wife'. The first episode showed the family all around the pool with the dog pooping here and there. The whole family walked around it and finally the hot-shot husband called over to the wife, 'Get that cleaned up.' She yelled at the maid, 'Get that cleaned up.'
i just read about a man with a new company, i think he called it doody time ... and he goes around cleaning up doogy doo from yards ... (no mention of inside cleanup) he has quite a business going because people don't want to doo it! has employees and patented pickup stuff etc. now, if he were local, i'd give him a call and ask him to doo my parking area and grounds once in a while because doggies randomly visit and doo their business. or tourists decide to walk their dogs through here on the sly and don't pick up ... when i spot them, boy do i spout off! so rude.

It would be nice to have that service, yet alone for my dogs...I don;t have the time to, so I have to tell hubs, and he tells our son, and he just ignores it...haha...selective hearing....

Mooseberry Inn said:
wink_smile.gif

That's funny....
Mooseberry Inn said:
That's funny....
i just read about a man with a new company, i think he called it doody time ... and he goes around cleaning up doogy doo from yards ... (no mention of inside cleanup) he has quite a business going because people don't want to doo it! has employees and patented pickup stuff etc. now, if he were local, i'd give him a call and ask him to doo my parking area and grounds once in a while because doggies randomly visit and doo their business. or tourists decide to walk their dogs through here on the sly and don't pick up ... when i spot them, boy do i spout off! so rude.
When we had the dog, the youngest son had doggie-doo-doo duty. At least once a week he had to do our yard and both neighbors since Sparky was not particular about property lines when he was providing free fertilizer.

Mooseberry Inn said:
wink_smile.gif

That's funny....
Mooseberry Inn said:
That's funny....
Wow, I had a service like that 20 years ago in upstate New York - Gene the Canine Man. It was $5/week and the best $5 I ever spent every week to clean up my yard from my dog. Loved that guy, but no longer have a dog.

It would be nice to have that service, yet alone for my dogs...I don;t have the time to, so I have to tell hubs, and he tells our son, and he just ignores it...haha...selective hearing.....
It may not be too late...we have our dog trained to only go in a certain area of the yard. We did that as soon as we moved here. She was used to the command 'out back' from the old house. (At the old house, 'out back' meant this overgrown swale that we never mowed. Here it means behind the shed!)
Being somewhat fastidious, she will start at the top of the hill and progressively make her way down. When she gets too close to the neighbor's house, I keep telling her to 'move along' until she gets back to the top of the hill. That whole top to bottom process takes about a month so by the time she gets back to the top everything has 'washed away'. This process keeps the yard clean for guests. (Guests I expect to pick up after their pets and provide scooper bags for that purpose. Some totally ignore my requests. Idiots.)

It would be nice to have that service, yet alone for my dogs...I don;t have the time to, so I have to tell hubs, and he tells our son, and he just ignores it...haha...selective hearing.....
It may not be too late...we have our dog trained to only go in a certain area of the yard. We did that as soon as we moved here. She was used to the command 'out back' from the old house. (At the old house, 'out back' meant this overgrown swale that we never mowed. Here it means behind the shed!)
Being somewhat fastidious, she will start at the top of the hill and progressively make her way down. When she gets too close to the neighbor's house, I keep telling her to 'move along' until she gets back to the top of the hill. That whole top to bottom process takes about a month so by the time she gets back to the top everything has 'washed away'. This process keeps the yard clean for guests. (Guests I expect to pick up after their pets and provide scooper bags for that purpose. Some totally ignore my requests. Idiots.)
Funny how this topic sidetracked. haha! With 2 dogs, even though they're both only around 23 lbs, we do "poo patrol" at the very least daily. Sometimes we do it twice a day. Definitely not our favorite job but something that has to be done!!

Funny how this topic sidetracked. haha! With 2 dogs, even though they're both only around 23 lbs, we do "poo patrol" at the very least daily. Sometimes we do it twice a day. Definitely not our favorite job but something that has to be done!!
Samster said:
Every day, twice a day, three times a day.

Back