What happens on the forum, stays on the forum-please!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mort, I do not know what I would do if someone confronted me using this name. It is an 'oath' of sorts to keep our identies private. Sure hope this will never happen again to you or any of us.
And while on the subject - we should all be very careful not to reveal locations of others here as well..
copperhead said:
we should all be very careful not to reveal locations of others here as well.
Probably too late to help me!
Signed,
arkansawyer
arkansawyer said:
copperhead said:
we should all be very careful not to reveal locations of others here as well.
Probably too late to help me!
Signed,
arkansawyer
If you're in AR, you revealed that yourself!
Morticia said:
Yep, I know. I don't see giving away my state as any problem. Saying I'm from Arkansas generally helps lower people's expectations of me!
regular_smile.gif

arkansawyer said:
Morticia said:
Yep, I know. I don't see giving away my state as any problem. Saying I'm from Arkansas generally helps lower people's expectations of me!
regular_smile.gif
My grandfather was from Arkansas. Moved to CA during the Dust bowl Era like all the rest of the John Steinbeck Grapes of Wrath migrant workers/families. Nana and Grandpa played with John's nephew when they were just kids and he wrote the stories about those families there (including ours). So I have great respect for Arkansas.
cheers.gif

I loved Arkansas - my late mother-in-law retired to Arkansas, and stayed there!

I understand your concern and frustration Mort. I have been contacted by others on this forum (who I don't see much activity from unless they changed their ID) telling me they know who I am and where I am. It is frightening and disconcerting. After that I stayed off the forum for a while, but now here I am again.
Kinda like internet stalking isn't it....least it feels that way.

I understand your concern and frustration Mort. I have been contacted by others on this forum (who I don't see much activity from unless they changed their ID) telling me they know who I am and where I am. It is frightening and disconcerting. After that I stayed off the forum for a while, but now here I am again.
Kinda like internet stalking isn't it....least it feels that way..
The Farmers Daughter said:
Kinda like internet stalking isn't it....least it feels that way.
Its even better when you get to meet each other face to face. Not that I am saying anyone is scary, at all... LOL

I think that's happened to a few of us.

The Farmers Daughter said:
I have been contacted by others on this forum (who I don't see much activity from unless they changed their ID) telling me they know who I am and where I am.
That is very creepy.

We confess, we let Morticia's name out. Morticia, we're very sorry if this caused you ANY distress. We love and respect your insights into the business and always look forward to reading your tales, which is ALL we told this very pleasant and congenial guest.
When he mentioned he'd stayed with you the night before and was on his way back, we exclaimed "oh, we love Morticia!" Oops! Involuntary slip of the tongue re your "name". He said he'd also stayed at your place with his wife on other occasions and seemed to know you very well as a repeat guest, so at the time we did not see mentioning your belonging to an informative forum to be an issue, when he queried us re calling you "Morticia". We mentioned no specifics re this forum or its identity, only that you were one of our favorites to follow and that we use the forum strictly as therapy to see that we are not alone in our daily challenges as Innkeepers ---and even disclosed our own ID as Poppa Smurf.
Again, we apologize for overstepping any bounds and rules of this forum.... we just weren't thinking. Won't happen again. We promise our discretion!

We confess, we let Morticia's name out. Morticia, we're very sorry if this caused you ANY distress. We love and respect your insights into the business and always look forward to reading your tales, which is ALL we told this very pleasant and congenial guest.
When he mentioned he'd stayed with you the night before and was on his way back, we exclaimed "oh, we love Morticia!" Oops! Involuntary slip of the tongue re your "name". He said he'd also stayed at your place with his wife on other occasions and seemed to know you very well as a repeat guest, so at the time we did not see mentioning your belonging to an informative forum to be an issue, when he queried us re calling you "Morticia". We mentioned no specifics re this forum or its identity, only that you were one of our favorites to follow and that we use the forum strictly as therapy to see that we are not alone in our daily challenges as Innkeepers ---and even disclosed our own ID as Poppa Smurf.
Again, we apologize for overstepping any bounds and rules of this forum.... we just weren't thinking. Won't happen again. We promise our discretion!.
Thanks for letting me know. I had no idea who you were on here!
He's a really sweet guy and I can see how it could slip out in talking with him!

Again, we apologize for overstepping any bounds and rules of this forum.... we just weren't thinking. Won't happen again. We promise our discretion!.
Thanks for letting me know. I had no idea who you were on here!
He's a really sweet guy and I can see how it could slip out in talking with him!
Yeah...thank you for stepping up and admitting your mistake...we do all appreciate it.

Like I said, one big dysfunctional family here. We forget of what we speak it is a part of our day to day life.

I really think that is BIG that you 'fessed up Poppa. It isn't that often these day that people admit a mistake. You are awesome!
I am clueless as to who most everyone on this forum is. One person approached me at PAII and introduced herself, another one or two I share blog links with. But I have a mind like a seive with BIG holes in it. I can't remember my name most of the time!

I really think that is BIG that you 'fessed up Poppa. It isn't that often these day that people admit a mistake. You are awesome!
I am clueless as to who most everyone on this forum is. One person approached me at PAII and introduced herself, another one or two I share blog links with. But I have a mind like a seive with BIG holes in it. I can't remember my name most of the time!.
aieechihuahua said:
I am clueless as to who most everyone on this forum is. One person approached me at PAII and introduced herself, another one or two I share blog links with. But I have a mind like a seive with BIG holes in it. I can't remember my name most of the time!
As long as your avatar is cute that is all that matters. :)

This is why I have been hesitant to particiapte in the discussions online because I was afraid that guests would see the comments and know it was me. AHHH heaven forbid if I wasn't always in a great mood.

This is why I have been hesitant to particiapte in the discussions online because I was afraid that guests would see the comments and know it was me. AHHH heaven forbid if I wasn't always in a great mood..
Ahhhh, come on Lucy! Jump in the pool - the water doesn't get TOO hot.

This is why I have been hesitant to particiapte in the discussions online because I was afraid that guests would see the comments and know it was me. AHHH heaven forbid if I wasn't always in a great mood..
Lucy said:
This is why I have been hesitant to particiapte in the discussions online because I was afraid that guests would see the comments and know it was me. AHHH heaven forbid if I wasn't always in a great mood.
It's also why a lot of us are incognito. And don't give every detail or name names when we tell stories.

I sometimes mention to other inkeepers I know I am part of an online group of innkeepers but I just say we share marketing ideas and stuff like that and that is is facinating to know what other people around the workd are doing etc but I would never mention names or anything! To be honest I don't know who anyone is in the real world and that is one of the attractions if you see what I mean?

I sometimes mention to other inkeepers I know I am part of an online group of innkeepers but I just say we share marketing ideas and stuff like that and that is is facinating to know what other people around the workd are doing etc but I would never mention names or anything! To be honest I don't know who anyone is in the real world and that is one of the attractions if you see what I mean?.
Yes, it's very attractive not knowing who we all are. I will tell an embarrassing story here...a group of us were going to get together. We'd never met before and I kept asking if this one innkeeper wasn't invited. And then I was told, 'Yes, you nit, she's XXXX!' Totally didn't connect the name of the poster with the name of the inn.
We've s-l-o-w-l-y been meeting each other. But you're a bit of a jump away. Altho, my Scots guests have been convincing me I'd love Scotland and I should come for a visit.

I sometimes mention to other inkeepers I know I am part of an online group of innkeepers but I just say we share marketing ideas and stuff like that and that is is facinating to know what other people around the workd are doing etc but I would never mention names or anything! To be honest I don't know who anyone is in the real world and that is one of the attractions if you see what I mean?.
Yes, it's very attractive not knowing who we all are. I will tell an embarrassing story here...a group of us were going to get together. We'd never met before and I kept asking if this one innkeeper wasn't invited. And then I was told, 'Yes, you nit, she's XXXX!' Totally didn't connect the name of the poster with the name of the inn.
We've s-l-o-w-l-y been meeting each other. But you're a bit of a jump away. Altho, my Scots guests have been convincing me I'd love Scotland and I should come for a visit.
The doilies worked at The Homestead.

Back