What irritates you II (the sequel)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is kind of weird with tucking used dishes out of sight, but people do weird stuff.
Putting the dirty dishes with the clean ones...do you have a tray or something that's marked for used dishes? People are often oblivious, you know.
regular_smile.gif
Absolutely. I have a small table by the kitchen door and point it out during welcome tour ... there is a small sign sitting on it.

That is kind of weird with tucking used dishes out of sight, but people do weird stuff.
Putting the dirty dishes with the clean ones...do you have a tray or something that's marked for used dishes? People are often oblivious, you know.
regular_smile.gif
Absolutely. I have a small table by the kitchen door and point it out during welcome tour ... there is a small sign sitting on it.
bc30md said:
Well there you go. It IS you fault after all. You expected your guests to actually READ something!

regular_smile.gif
bc30md said:
Well there you go. It IS you fault after all. You expected your guests to actually READ something!
Silly me!!

I GOT THEM!
I got the photos and video of our daughters marching in the Christmas Parade. I was determined. a Nikon on one finger and a tony kodak video cam on the other, but I got them! You will remember I missed the last one due to guests (and my youngest marching in a parade for the first time in her life) and was not a happy innkeeper.
angry_smile.gif

Photo of our trumpet player - http://twitpic.com/7oggus and http://twitpic.com/7ogn7a
and of our Flute player second row center - http://twitpic.com/7ogi4b
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)](short video turn up your sound) Rocky Mount Christmas Parade 2011 - Franklin High Eagle Marching Band [/COLOR]http://twitpic.com/7og785
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)](Closer up video) Rocky Mount Christmas Parade 2011 Our Eagle Marching Band! 2n... on Twitpic:[/COLOR]http://bit.ly/uC727X[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)] [/COLOR]

I GOT THEM!
I got the photos and video of our daughters marching in the Christmas Parade. I was determined. a Nikon on one finger and a tony kodak video cam on the other, but I got them! You will remember I missed the last one due to guests (and my youngest marching in a parade for the first time in her life) and was not a happy innkeeper.
angry_smile.gif

Photo of our trumpet player - http://twitpic.com/7oggus and http://twitpic.com/7ogn7a
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)](short video turn up your sound) Rocky Mount Christmas Parade 2011 - Franklin High Eagle Marching Band [/COLOR]http://twitpic.com/7og785
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)](Closer up video) Rocky Mount Christmas Parade 2011 Our Eagle Marching Band! 2n... on Twitpic:[/COLOR]http://bit.ly/uC727X[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)] [/COLOR].
Cool!

I GOT THEM!
angry_smile.gif

[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)](Closer up video) Rocky Mount Christmas Parade 2011 Our Eagle Marching Band! 2n... on Twitpic:[/COLOR]http://bit.ly/uC727X[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)] [/COLOR].
I cannot get ANY of the links to work. I even did copy/paste in a new window. Bwah!!!

Yesterday just before breakfast I went out to check the coffee area and there was a stack of two cups piled up, used, dirty. Yes dirty used cups in the coffee area near the clean ones.
I removed them to the kitchen.
At breakfast ye ol' geezer states "I don't have a coffee cup, someone took it" I replied "The dirty cups that were stacked in the coffee area?" Of course I knew what he was on about, and wanted to share with the full table that he put them there and stacked them like he was done. Which of course HE WAS DONE. IF he had the cup with him, I would not have touched it.
Then today I went up and one menu I have in the restaurant list "plastic sleeve" with a note "recommended by the innkeepers, just walk 3 blocks down hill" and they scratched that out, and apparently decided the innkeeper didn't know where this restaurant was and wrote "Go to sidewalk and turn left, it is on the corner"
Okay so the same "FRANK'S PIZZA" and "Pizza King" may seem the same to this guest, but it is NOT the same restaurant. (Oops am I in the iritations sequel I thread? haha).
I found this in one of my guest info's they had crossed out a phone number and written in another one and I fricking know its right cos I know the owner!
Crazy, right?! we've had people cross out & write in our "welcome books" (in rooms), too! Then I have to run around re-printing pages before the new folks arrive so that the books don't look all gheto w/their dumb (WRONG) scribbling.. GRR
Since we're on the subject... what irks me (today) is checking someone in who is paying ZERO attention to you to the point where he goes off wandering & giving you his back-grrr! I stopped & said, "oops, here's the important stuff...we'll wait for you.." (sweetly, of course).

Yesterday just before breakfast I went out to check the coffee area and there was a stack of two cups piled up, used, dirty. Yes dirty used cups in the coffee area near the clean ones.
At breakfast ye ol' geezer states "I don't have a coffee cup, someone took it" I replied "The dirty cups that were stacked in the coffee area?" Of course I knew what he was on about, and wanted to share with the full table that he put them there and stacked them like he was done. Which of course HE WAS DONE. IF he had the cup with him, I would not have touched it.
Then today I went up and one menu I have in the restaurant list "plastic sleeve" with a note "recommended by the innkeepers, just walk 3 blocks down hill" and they scratched that out, and apparently decided the innkeeper didn't know where this restaurant was and wrote "Go to sidewalk and turn left, it is on the corner"
Okay so the same "FRANK'S PIZZA" and "Pizza King" may seem the same to this guest, but it is NOT the same restaurant. (Oops am I in the iritations sequel I thread? haha).
I found this in one of my guest info's they had crossed out a phone number and written in another one and I fricking know its right cos I know the owner!
Crazy, right?! we've had people cross out & write in our "welcome books" (in rooms), too! Then I have to run around re-printing pages before the new folks arrive so that the books don't look all gheto w/their dumb (WRONG) scribbling.. GRR
Since we're on the subject... what irks me (today) is checking someone in who is paying ZERO attention to you to the point where he goes off wandering & giving you his back-grrr! I stopped & said, "oops, here's the important stuff...we'll wait for you.." (sweetly, of course).
Paradise said:
I had that man stay here. "Let Mommy check in and you just wander all over the place opening stuff and getting into things"
whattha.gif
Yeah I am just going to wander around after you. I saw kids like this yesterday, brats, they are called, and then they age (notice I didn't say grow up).

If we're on the topic- guests who no show and when you, the concerned innkeeper, call to be sure they are not stuck somewhere or in the hospital they yell at you that they cancelled the reservation weeks ago and you (concerned innkeeper) should read your email so you know these things. And, no, they are NOT paying because they told you they weren't coming and you should read your email.
I'm still waiting for the forwarded version of the alleged cancellation email. Not holding my breath.

If we're on the topic- guests who no show and when you, the concerned innkeeper, call to be sure they are not stuck somewhere or in the hospital they yell at you that they cancelled the reservation weeks ago and you (concerned innkeeper) should read your email so you know these things. And, no, they are NOT paying because they told you they weren't coming and you should read your email.
I'm still waiting for the forwarded version of the alleged cancellation email. Not holding my breath.
We had that happen once. Since then we have instituted a policy that says the cancellation must be in writing and is not officially cancelled unless we send a cancellation confirmation to them. There can be no mistake that they claim to have cancelled within the time limit because unless they cough up the acknowledgement from us, it didn't happen.
Also, all cancellations are final. We had a couple cancel, hoping that we could fill the vacancy and refund their deposit. Since the room was not rebooked for the total reservation period (We did manage to fill 2 out of 3 of the nights) I e-mailed them that they were not getting a refund. At that point, since we had no arrivals, we took off for about 5 hours to visit family. When we returned there were 20 frantic messages from the cancellation guy saying that he was sending friends to stay in his place for the night. And about 10 calls from the friends wondering where we were!
Now we make it perfectly clear that a cancellation is FINAL.

We had that happen once. Since then we have instituted a policy that says the cancellation must be in writing and is not officially cancelled unless we send a cancellation confirmation to them. There can be no mistake that they claim to have cancelled within the time limit because unless they cough up the acknowledgement from us, it didn't happen.
Also, all cancellations are final. We had a couple cancel, hoping that we could fill the vacancy and refund their deposit. Since the room was not rebooked for the total reservation period (We did manage to fill 2 out of 3 of the nights) I e-mailed them that they were not getting a refund. At that point, since we had no arrivals, we took off for about 5 hours to visit family. When we returned there were 20 frantic messages from the cancellation guy saying that he was sending friends to stay in his place for the night. And about 10 calls from the friends wondering where we were!
Now we make it perfectly clear that a cancellation is FINAL.
I just added a line to our email confirmation that says we will send a cancellation confirmation number for their records. You know I am going to get the ones who tell me they never got the rez confirmation with all that info!

Back