What rate Expedia?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
What rate have you been quoted from Expedia for a commission?

They would not commit to a certain price when I called but said it was somewhere between 16-18%. I told them I had 15% with Booking and asked them to match. They said no but that since they take payment etc it was worth paying more. lol

They would not commit to a certain price when I called but said it was somewhere between 16-18%. I told them I had 15% with Booking and asked them to match. They said no but that since they take payment etc it was worth paying more. lol.
Yes, it is always a benefit to have someone else control the financial aspects of your customer. Huh?

18. If they do hotel collect than they give you a CC to draw the money to your account, but your pay CC fees for that. But it's money on the barrel with no arguing at all. I'm actually more leary of the hotel collect. And just refuse any compromise in your terms. They will hold the line with the client... but are obligated to ask.
So far, I have great reps and they certainly understand the industry. We had a client push and spoke to our rep who just said, process the charge, it's your money. Expedia collected from him... or dealt with it. I was paid.

There was a push to sign in my province and I have one year at 12%. From there, I was quoted 15% after,y one year. I figured I'll try them for a year and so far it's been good to fill in my cancellations plus I'm getting res for my slow fall season. We'll see what happens in a year's time.

Back