What to wear - what to wear?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no jeans, no shorts
yes, slacks or khakis
Better to overdress than under.
Good luck
=)
Kk..
kakhi's, sport shirt and sports jacket for him ... he can remove the jacket if the other man is less formally dressed.
skirt or dress for her ... i like the look of a summery print with a shrug, short jacket or blazer over it. she can also dress down by removing the jacket if uncomfortably overdressed. but i don't think this will be the case.
i love jeans, but wouldn't wear them to an interview.
i prefer to be dressed 'up' for a meet and greet. i have been interviewed by people in shorts and tee shirts who couldn't care less about impressing me and that's fine ... but i felt more on top of my game when i was dressed more businesslike.
seashanty said:
kakhi's, sport shirt and sports jacket for him ... he can remove the jacket if the other man is less formally dressed.
skirt or dress for her ... i like the look of a summery print with a shrug, short jacket or blazer over it. she can also dress down by removing the jacket if uncomfortably overdressed. but i don't think this will be the case.
i love jeans, but wouldn't wear them to an interview.
i prefer to be dressed 'up' for a meet and greet. i have been interviewed by people in shorts and tee shirts who couldn't care less about impressing me and that's fine ... but i felt more on top of my game when i was dressed more businesslike.
Yes, that is the point. The interviewer does not need to impress the applicant. The applicant DOES need to impress the interviewer.
Agree. Exactly, you are going there for business, and need to make a good impression, dress business casual and you will feel more professional. Doesn't matter what they wear, you are the one being judged.

I'll only comment on the GUY side of things. I've been in business for many years, having started 8 companies. Naturally, I've interviewed many people and been interviewed.
It USED to be that a jacket and tie was appropriate, but not anymore. It can come across as overdressed, and kind of nerdy these days. If I wore a tie to an interview these days, I'd be seen as either a geek or trying to over-impress someone.
Guys can't go wrong with a pair of slacks, dress shirt and a blazer, which can always be taken off. If you're on the west coast, where tech and wineries are king, you can replace the slacks with a nice pair of jeans -- but NO sneakers, wear a pair of loafers or decent shoes.

Back