What was the worst job you ever had?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The worst job I ever had turned out to be a real blessing. I wanted to earn a bike so at 15 my job was to weed our 3000 square foot vegetable garden every day, alone. I’d start out in the late morning when the ground was hard and the weeds unforgiving. It was horrible. But then one day my father told me that if I got up earlier the ground would be softer and the weeds would give easier. The next day I was in the garden by 5 a.m. Turns out he was right. As the summer went on and “my” garden grew I fell in love with every bit of it; the warm sun on my back, the smell of the wet earth, the call of the different birds. The vegetables that came out of that garden never ceased to amaze me. I don’t think one single pea ever made it to the table though. And that sense of peace I felt being all alone so early in the morning has always stayed with me. Early morning is still my favorite time of day and I still love gardening, though my time is more limited so I stick to flowers for now..
How lovely!
heart.gif
Your sentiments made me long for spring and my garden. But first we need to get through this monster blizzard that is due in southern NE on Friday night.
Silverspoon said:
How lovely!
heart.gif
Your sentiments made me long for spring and my garden. But first we need to get through this monster blizzard that is due in southern NE on Friday night.
Oh so looking forward to this! My snowshoes are pining away in the wayback of the car!

The worst job I ever had turned out to be a real blessing. I wanted to earn a bike so at 15 my job was to weed our 3000 square foot vegetable garden every day, alone. I’d start out in the late morning when the ground was hard and the weeds unforgiving. It was horrible. But then one day my father told me that if I got up earlier the ground would be softer and the weeds would give easier. The next day I was in the garden by 5 a.m. Turns out he was right. As the summer went on and “my” garden grew I fell in love with every bit of it; the warm sun on my back, the smell of the wet earth, the call of the different birds. The vegetables that came out of that garden never ceased to amaze me. I don’t think one single pea ever made it to the table though. And that sense of peace I felt being all alone so early in the morning has always stayed with me. Early morning is still my favorite time of day and I still love gardening, though my time is more limited so I stick to flowers for now..
How lovely!
heart.gif
Silverspoon said:
How lovely!
heart.gif
Oh so looking forward to this! My snowshoes are pining away in the wayback of the car!
Madeleine said:
Silverspoon said:
How lovely!
heart.gif
Same here! I've only been cross country skiing twice this year. I can't wait to get out and play!

!950 at the age of 15 I worked for 50 cents and hour cleaning poop out of German shepherd cages while the dogs milled around me...I hate large dogs...I did not last long

Ok, I have another to post. This was my very first job - Telemarketer. I was so excited when I went through the whole apply/interview/hire process and then realized I'd applied for Hell. It was a small room with those desktops that had high sides on them. We were all arranged together in a large square facing inwards & the boss/pitmaster stood inside. We were selling carpet cleaning. They'd hand us a page out of the phone book and a script and we had to convince them to schedule an appointment for cleaning. It was super cold in there and some of the ladies smoked. I was miserable! I don't remember how long I lasted, but I felt like such a failure when I quit..
Yup Telemarketing. I think I was at the same place! Or, the Same only slightly Different!

Back