Whatever happened to ....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
Was just thinking about some of the posts that appeared asking advice ... and I haven't seen what happened.
The aspiring who applied for one job and then another opportunity came along she(?) was hoping to get instead? And I was hoping she'd snail mail a thank you.
And others .... I have been searching through threads looking for their tale of what came next. Have I missed it?

We seem to get some of the tell me what I want to know and then not even a slam, bam, thank you on the run (or they do not like what we say, flip the bird, and disappear). You did not miss it - we have had several like that recently.

We seem to get some of the tell me what I want to know and then not even a slam, bam, thank you on the run (or they do not like what we say, flip the bird, and disappear). You did not miss it - we have had several like that recently..
We are close to signing a contract. I am scrambling to read everything I can. I have been pouring over the forums reading everything and taking notes. I have an appointment with some local owners who offered to answer some questions next week. If it happens it will be a cross country move and a big life change. We are pretty excited and it's all I can think about!

Thanks for the update Lisa. I hope it all works out for you!
regular_smile.gif

We seem to get some of the tell me what I want to know and then not even a slam, bam, thank you on the run (or they do not like what we say, flip the bird, and disappear). You did not miss it - we have had several like that recently..
We are close to signing a contract. I am scrambling to read everything I can. I have been pouring over the forums reading everything and taking notes. I have an appointment with some local owners who offered to answer some questions next week. If it happens it will be a cross country move and a big life change. We are pretty excited and it's all I can think about!
Thanks for letting us know. We are thinking of you and wishing you the best!

I am still awaiting the announcement of the winner of the essay contest. The Facebook page posted the entry numbers and locations of the "top 17 essays of the twenty chosen" and I therefore assumed that the essay contest was over for everyone not on that list, however, it turns out that the wording should have been "the bottom 17 essays of the top 20 essays chosen" because the winner and two runners up were left out of the list. My entry was not on the list. Odd that only 17 of over 7000 entries were posted as not having won. Some took the news gracefully, some took it really hard and said unkind things or cast doubt on the fairness of the selection process. As for me, I got a frisson of excitement reading that the winner will receive a phone call tomorrow at noon.
I thought this would make my day interesting, at least. I am working at a county campground right now, usually in the office, but tomorrow the girls who run the snack bar are graduating from high school so I am filling in there. I currently have a bad case of strep throat (tomorrow morning I will be officially non-contagious) so I highly doubt much of anything is going to give me any kind of thrill short of that phone call. At least I will arrive equipped with a box of frozen gogurt tubes and some throat coat tea to get me through!
But, I already have my next plan of action in motion in case my phone doesn't ring. I am visiting with my daughter who is stationed at Camp Pendleton for a week, and I am honing my resume to send out to jobs at working couples.com to see if there is anything out there we would love to do. I am really excited at the prospect of running a business with my husband.

I am still awaiting the announcement of the winner of the essay contest. The Facebook page posted the entry numbers and locations of the "top 17 essays of the twenty chosen" and I therefore assumed that the essay contest was over for everyone not on that list, however, it turns out that the wording should have been "the bottom 17 essays of the top 20 essays chosen" because the winner and two runners up were left out of the list. My entry was not on the list. Odd that only 17 of over 7000 entries were posted as not having won. Some took the news gracefully, some took it really hard and said unkind things or cast doubt on the fairness of the selection process. As for me, I got a frisson of excitement reading that the winner will receive a phone call tomorrow at noon.
I thought this would make my day interesting, at least. I am working at a county campground right now, usually in the office, but tomorrow the girls who run the snack bar are graduating from high school so I am filling in there. I currently have a bad case of strep throat (tomorrow morning I will be officially non-contagious) so I highly doubt much of anything is going to give me any kind of thrill short of that phone call. At least I will arrive equipped with a box of frozen gogurt tubes and some throat coat tea to get me through!
But, I already have my next plan of action in motion in case my phone doesn't ring. I am visiting with my daughter who is stationed at Camp Pendleton for a week, and I am honing my resume to send out to jobs at working couples.com to see if there is anything out there we would love to do. I am really excited at the prospect of running a business with my husband..
Remember in the excitement of the moment to send off a post as soon as you get off the phone!!!!!

Latest posts

Back