What's with the 'dropping off of the luggage?"

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could understand this if I were in a populated urban area. I am not. My village is 1 square mile with 1200 residents. Most folks here don't even lock their cars. This is Mayberry USA..
The Farmers Daughter said:
I could understand this if I were in a populated urban area. I am not. My village is 1 square mile with 1200 residents. Most folks here don't even lock their cars. This is Mayberry USA.
Barney Fife's girlfriend was just mugged in Mayberry. (Seriously. The actress who played her was mugged in Mt Airy.)

I could understand this if I were in a populated urban area. I am not. My village is 1 square mile with 1200 residents. Most folks here don't even lock their cars. This is Mayberry USA..
I could understand this if I were in a populated urban area. I am not. My village is 1 square mile with 1200 residents. Most folks here don't even lock their cars. This is Mayberry USA.
Barney Fife's girlfriend was just mugged in Mayberry. (Seriously. The actress who played her was mugged in Mt Airy.)
Yes, saw it on the news last night. She had her purse taken...poor Thelma Lou :-( No where and no one is immune these days.

Speaking of old bags....
Like that intro?
Today we have the "Beyond Baby Boomer" to say it more politely than I did above. If I could take a photo I would, but each place (full table) has a little box or boxes or collection of pills sitting near their water. (Another reason I always serve water at every meal). And they weren't vitamins!
Then...yes there is more...they were having a great time and the conversation turned to the young. You can picture the scene - the young are responsible for the newspapers going out of business because they read their news online before the papers can print it, the young this the young that. Add to that they are all from hmm...north of where I am, so complaining can sometimes be a favorite past time. Bless their little pea pickin' hearts.

Morticia said:
What is she . . . . like a million years old?

Morticia said:
Thelma Lou is 84.
FYI Sept is the 50th Anniversary of The Andy Griffith Show in Mount Airy NC. We are an hour and half from there if anyone wants to stay with us and go to this. We have guests going to it, already booked in.
You can travel down via the Blue Ridge Parkway...she also celebrates an anniv this year - 75 years and she's still got it!
Mayberry Days Sept 23-26 CLICK HERE
Meet Virginia - she'll take your breath away!
lrg_Blue_Ridge_Fred_First.jpg

Morticia said:
Thelma Lou is 84.
FYI Sept is the 50th Anniversary of The Andy Griffith Show in Mount Airy NC. We are an hour and half from there if anyone wants to stay with us and go to this. We have guests going to it, already booked in.
You can travel down via the Blue Ridge Parkway...she also celebrates an anniv this year - 75 years and she's still got it!
Mayberry Days Sept 23-26 CLICK HERE
Meet Virginia - she'll take your breath away!
lrg_Blue_Ridge_Fred_First.jpg

See a pic of Thelma Lou here:
http://surryart.ipower.com/images/mayberry/2009/reception/party050752.html

Harrogate where I am is pretty safe not much car crime at all but you get people like that who go mad about parking on the street and if they were driving a porch I could understand but if it is a battered old car I get a bit exasperated. But what I always tell myself is you don't know what it is like where they are from cars may get broken into all the time so I just bite my tounge. Don't know what the law is in America but in the UK if people leave stuff with you then you are legally responsible for looking after it to the value of $200 dollars if it gets stolen so I am a bit wary of taking stuff in. But if I do then I take it up to the relevant room when its ready and lock it in. However I am a bit more sympathetic as a good amount of our guests come on the train and have no where else to put their luggage otherwise they have to drag it round with them till check in time. It's all about the type of guests you have and where you are I suppose. Some of the budget hotel chains round Travle Lodge and Travel Inn) they charge $30 to check in early and $30 to store your luggage. I think that's a bit harsh though.

Back