When guests air their laundry....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score
Our balcony is open to every guest room and overlooks the front gardens. The large area has a settee and 2 bistro tables and is very well used especially this time of year. Just came down from straighting up. I am amazed... Several pair of mens (black) underwear and socks hanging over the white railing. Yes, I think the Berverly Hillbillies have made the place home.
omg_smile.gif

I would have removed those post haste and put them in that guest's bathroom. That is absurd. You are not some seaside hotel (where that sort of thing happens regularly)!

Well guys, trouble is all guests were gone and although I would bet I knew whos they were, I really could not take that as fact and place them in their room. I do plan to watch for the culprits and suggest a near by self laundry for their future needs.
I am very thankful that: 1)my home sits back off the road with a large tree that will hide them from the street and 2) I am full and all my guests did meet this morning over breakfast, so if the culprit is NOT the first one back, I am sure the others will know straightaway to whom the laundry belongs.
Oh, I have 4 more nights, JOY!

Well guys, trouble is all guests were gone and although I would bet I knew whos they were, I really could not take that as fact and place them in their room. I do plan to watch for the culprits and suggest a near by self laundry for their future needs.
I am very thankful that: 1)my home sits back off the road with a large tree that will hide them from the street and 2) I am full and all my guests did meet this morning over breakfast, so if the culprit is NOT the first one back, I am sure the others will know straightaway to whom the laundry belongs.
Oh, I have 4 more nights, JOY!.
I guess I would have taken them down anyway and put them in a plastic bag. Someone would have come looking...

As long as they didn't have skid marks, I would have just left them.
teeth_smile.gif

oh my! really, with other guests in the place too. hanging out your washing. where did they wash them? in the tub? bree and i have both had guests that washed their undies etc. and hung them from curtain rods all around the room. but i have never had someone hang things outside.
sorry, but i have to giggle at the picture in my head!
regular_smile.gif

Well luckily they were the first ones back and did take them inside at that point. Guess they had washed them in the sink or tub... did not look for skid marks - really not wanting to get that close....LOL
I have had others do small bits of laundry before, hanging them on the shower rod or towel bars but this is having me think about those retractable clohes lines made for showers. This may be my next search!
I only have had this experience once before and that was right after we put in our pool. Came home to beach towels blowing in the breeze over the balcony railing. They were large enough to be seen from the street - quite a site (yes, I can laugh now). I how have a hamper for wet beach towels and ask that they are put there for cleaning. There are still those that will hang them over a chair on the balcony, but that is not usually an eye sore.
Guess when we thought to have seen it all in this business, we are shown quite boldly that there is more to see...

As I read this I have to wonder what sort of people they are. I have never in my life done laundry when staying at a B&B or hotel. A condo, for a few weeks - yes, but somebody's house, so to speak. Shocking

Yikes. I'd like to meet these guests that have no qualms about hanging their underwear in a public area.
If you don't mind sharing, I'm curious as to what their demographics are.

Back