When guests tell you about a terrible stay they had at another inn...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Guests just emailed with some pix from their American holiday and said "After leaving such and such things took a turn for the worst..." then said to see his TA review of that B&B in Coastal SC. It is not posted yet, but I fear what it will say. This guest is one who yields TA like a sword! They just arrived home today and the first thing he did was go to TA and start reviewing. Personally that offends me, but it is how he is.

I usually do my reviews within a few days, that way it's fresh in my mind.

Hopefully not yielding them as a sword GG.
A few days vs just off the plane...ugh I wonder if they reviewed us AGAIN. I hope not.

I do my reviews as soon as I get home and get rested. I want to remember it all. So I am just like them I guess:-(
Am sure you will be getting a good one:)

A few days vs just off the plane...ugh I wonder if they reviewed us AGAIN. I hope not..
Joe Bloggs said:
A few days vs just off the plane...ugh I wonder if they reviewed us AGAIN. I hope not.
Like Zorro.....JUST KIDDING! This reminds me I have a review to do for a stay in July and one from 2 weeks ago, both very good reviews. No, I can't imagine doing a review after flying that far to get home. Unless they sit on the plane and write up what they are going to say and they love to write.....

here is his review:
The check in time for the (B&B name withheld) is 3.00 to 6.00. We arrived at 5.45 after a 350 mile 7 hour drive to find the place locked up. There was a note on the door to say that the owner was out for a while and we should ring the number on the paper. That's all very well but a British V odafone doesn't work in the US. I asked the next door neighbour if there was a public phone in (that town). There isn't! He let me use his cellphone but the number was unobtainable so we went back and sat on the balcony with the cans of Coke that he kindly gave us. An hour passed and then a couple came out of the front door. They had a Blackberry and tried the number again but couldn't get through. They then realised that there is a 3 digit code to put in first! How were we meant to know that? Eventually they managed to leave a voicemail meassge and let us into the lounge. Nearly an hour later the owner, (Name withheld), the owner, turned up. He was very apologetic and said that he had been on his boat and had left a deputy manager in cherge. It turns out that she had sent away a couple with children earlier thinking that they were us and then cleared off and locked up. Can't she read? If they hadn't had children then they would have been given our room, a room which had already been paid for. It ended well but it should not have happened in the first place.
(Owner name withheld) took us up to the room but I wasn't too impressed. The shower head had white salts deposited on it showing that it hadn't been cleaned in months if not years. The fiitings were rusting. The corners of the shower cubicle were black with mould. There were signs of mould on the wall. The paint was flaking. The pipework around the sink was covered in dust, the towels had a musty smell to them, need i go on? (Owner name withheld) is a real nice bloke but he does need to slap some paint and some cleaning agent around the place.
For the quality of the room and compared with other B&B;s that we have stayed at this was far too expensive but par for the course in (That town). If you want to eat out in this town then make sure you have a fat wallet! If i had known earlier what I know now I would have given the (B&B Name withheld) a miss and (That town) a wide berth.
Note from me - this couple actually told me how they liked the trust the American Innkeepers show by allowing self checkins, this is not what they meant!

here is his review:
The check in time for the (B&B name withheld) is 3.00 to 6.00. We arrived at 5.45 after a 350 mile 7 hour drive to find the place locked up. There was a note on the door to say that the owner was out for a while and we should ring the number on the paper. That's all very well but a British V odafone doesn't work in the US. I asked the next door neighbour if there was a public phone in (that town). There isn't! He let me use his cellphone but the number was unobtainable so we went back and sat on the balcony with the cans of Coke that he kindly gave us. An hour passed and then a couple came out of the front door. They had a Blackberry and tried the number again but couldn't get through. They then realised that there is a 3 digit code to put in first! How were we meant to know that? Eventually they managed to leave a voicemail meassge and let us into the lounge. Nearly an hour later the owner, (Name withheld), the owner, turned up. He was very apologetic and said that he had been on his boat and had left a deputy manager in cherge. It turns out that she had sent away a couple with children earlier thinking that they were us and then cleared off and locked up. Can't she read? If they hadn't had children then they would have been given our room, a room which had already been paid for. It ended well but it should not have happened in the first place.
(Owner name withheld) took us up to the room but I wasn't too impressed. The shower head had white salts deposited on it showing that it hadn't been cleaned in months if not years. The fiitings were rusting. The corners of the shower cubicle were black with mould. There were signs of mould on the wall. The paint was flaking. The pipework around the sink was covered in dust, the towels had a musty smell to them, need i go on? (Owner name withheld) is a real nice bloke but he does need to slap some paint and some cleaning agent around the place.
For the quality of the room and compared with other B&B;s that we have stayed at this was far too expensive but par for the course in (That town). If you want to eat out in this town then make sure you have a fat wallet! If i had known earlier what I know now I would have given the (B&B Name withheld) a miss and (That town) a wide berth.
Note from me - this couple actually told me how they liked the trust the American Innkeepers show by allowing self checkins, this is not what they meant! .
Talk about looking a little too hard for something to complain about!

here is his review:
Note from me - this couple actually told me how they liked the trust the American Innkeepers show by allowing self checkins, this is not what they meant! .
What do you mean? I think he had very legitimate concerns.

here is his review:
What do you mean? I think he had very legitimate concerns.
Sure he did, the mold, no one there to check them in...those are definite concerns. Some of it, like "dust on the pipes and rusting fittings" seemed gratuitous to me.

here is his review:
Sounds like my town. Email me privately please.
[email protected]

I think what happens if it starts out bad it only gets worse. You know what I mean? You know how we can overlook things when we just love a place or are treated right? But if you aren't then you see everything through those glasses.
Oddly enough his wife spent the entire week after staying here trying to find hand lotion that I had in their room. I would have given her some, I have a couple spare (Mandarin from B&BW).
They arrived here not in a great mood either - and I know them from prev stays! Travel really takes it out of people - we have to realize this at check in, k.i.s.s.

here is his review:
Sounds like my town. Email me privately please.
[email protected]
It is a town in the Coastal Carolinas.

I was skim reading - thought you said town in coastal BC.
regular_smile.gif

All those complaints sound perfectly legitimate to me (maybe with the exception of the pricey restaurants in the area). The rusting bath fixtures point to a lack of proper maintainance.

Back