Who did it?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Who sold my email address? I have rarely, in 10 years, gotten spam on my personal email. I made a photo album on Shutterfly and bought something online from KMart. INUNDATED within a week of doing those 2 things. So, who sold my email address? Which one of them? Doesn't matter. I won't do business with either of them again.

Wow. My bet... kmart who is very desperate at the moment.

i know it's a royal pain but i have an email address i use just for buying things and subscribing to things. just sent back the opt out form to my insurance company to say don't share my info with places you think i might be interested in.

Why in the heck do companies do this?
Yeah I know, $$$
But really, don't they realize they are biting the hand that feeds them?

There is little reason to believe it was related to either Shutterfly or KMart. I'd suspect a site you have used in the past got hacked recently much more than your e-mail address being sold. Hacks are very common these days.
I started using my own domain @[myname].net with a ton of e-mail aliases. I can quickly make up a new alias (kmart@[myname].net for example) whenever I don't trust a site or use a single e-mail alias (untrusted@[myname].net) for all sites I don't trust. Everything ends up in the same Gmail inbox, but I can easily filter or delete e-mail aliases that start getting spam.

You think that's bad... I got spam from an official government email address. Seriously! (They wanted a donation for their work social group.)

I don't like using spam filters because they do pick up things they shouldn't, but my personal email address has got out there into the ether so I had to turn it on because I was getting 40-50 emails a day.
Question: Why do people spam email offering SEO services, surely if they're any good at their job they'd be getting enough business through their website?????
tounge_smile.gif

I don't like using spam filters because they do pick up things they shouldn't, but my personal email address has got out there into the ether so I had to turn it on because I was getting 40-50 emails a day.
Question: Why do people spam email offering SEO services, surely if they're any good at their job they'd be getting enough business through their website?????
tounge_smile.gif
That's why they call.... their own SEO is so bad....

Latest posts

Back