Who would you choose, if you could, for your next "famous" guest?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill Maher would be really fun.
I find something very comforting in the mannerisms, humility and grace of Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela. That would quite an interesting breakfast conversation.
Barack and family would be very cool as he and I could sit on the porch and share some Chitown sports team chitchat over a smoke.
The girls probably wouldn't last very long with their allergies because of the puppy being all over them from the minute they arrived.
I could imagine the four of them out in the hot tub gazing at more stars than they've ever seen in wither Chicago or DC.

The First Family...we're historical so there's always a shot, would love to show Sasha & Malia around! They can even bring Bo if they want....
Ok, I am glad you said it first because I was going to:)
Ms. Catlady, totally off-topic here but I was reading your profile and I need to ask someone who will know...why is it THE Ohio State University? I always hear grads refer to it this way, and didn't know why! Can you help?
Because we are the BEST! :)
Actually there is also an Ohio University and I think many years ago there was a rivalry there and people were confusing the two of them.
From the day a student sets foot on campus they are indoctrinated about always saying THE Ohio State University.
However I note that on our web site it is just referred to as Ohio State most of the time. The THE is used in the logo and in any publicity etc in regards to the University.
That's all I was ever told.
Actually OU came first. Our Reuben is an OU grad and has filled us in on the history of the two. OSU is just bigger.

I think Bill O'Reilly would be interesting. Bill Cosby and Janet Evanovich would be neat to have as guests. We have had so many "regular people" that have been fascinating to talk with. We had a couple that he had invented so valve used by NASA - he gave his wife a new Porsche Boxter for her birthday. And they were the nicest people. In reality, I do not want to ever have any of the "do you know who I am?" crowd. Give me interesting people every time.

We had Tyne Daly and her ex, George Stanford Brown stay here. But if I had my choice, I would pick Bono.

The First Family...we're historical so there's always a shot, would love to show Sasha & Malia around! They can even bring Bo if they want....
Ok, I am glad you said it first because I was going to:)
Ms. Catlady, totally off-topic here but I was reading your profile and I need to ask someone who will know...why is it THE Ohio State University? I always hear grads refer to it this way, and didn't know why! Can you help?
Because we are the BEST! :)
Actually there is also an Ohio University and I think many years ago there was a rivalry there and people were confusing the two of them.
From the day a student sets foot on campus they are indoctrinated about always saying THE Ohio State University.
However I note that on our web site it is just referred to as Ohio State most of the time. The THE is used in the logo and in any publicity etc in regards to the University.
That's all I was ever told.
Actually OU came first. Our Reuben is an OU grad and has filled us in on the history of the two. OSU is just bigger.
Yes I k now OU came first. I was just sharing what I had been told. OSU is still the best! ;-)

We had the whole cast of "In Plain Sight" film here one day in Feb. The star, Mary McCormack, is a Jersey girl just like me! We did just what any former Jersey Girls do, famous or not. We talked about NJ.
But really, these famous people are just people. So I don't care which one it is..
adobenido said:
We had the whole cast of "In Plain Sight" film here one day in Feb. The star, Mary McCormack, is a Jersey girl just like me!
I love that show and that actress, plus the actor who plays Marshall.
I would love to host a Jersey boy - Bruce Springsteen. And Nancy Reagan used to come to our town for lunch, so I think Michelle could make a shopping excursion here now.
I hate to burst your bubble, but he's a dweeb!
adobenido said:
Please tell me you mean the actor that plays Marshall is, not Bruce. I will be destroyed if it is the latter...
Dweeb - the actor that plays Marshall. Bruce is the Boss. Actually a nice guy, I hear from folks who know him.

We had the whole cast of "In Plain Sight" film here one day in Feb. The star, Mary McCormack, is a Jersey girl just like me! We did just what any former Jersey Girls do, famous or not. We talked about NJ.
But really, these famous people are just people. So I don't care which one it is..
adobenido said:
We had the whole cast of "In Plain Sight" film here one day in Feb. The star, Mary McCormack, is a Jersey girl just like me!
I love that show and that actress, plus the actor who plays Marshall.
I would love to host a Jersey boy - Bruce Springsteen. And Nancy Reagan used to come to our town for lunch, so I think Michelle could make a shopping excursion here now.
adobenido said:
Please tell me you mean the actor that plays Marshall is, not Bruce. I will be destroyed if it is the latter...
Dweeb - the actor that plays Marshall. Bruce is the Boss. Actually a nice guy, I hear from folks who know him.
adobenido said:
Honestly, he seems like a dweeb on the show, so I guess it's true to life. I am a nerdy girl myself, so that explains the liking him. But...
heart.gif
the Boss.

bobby flay, martha stewart,(she has a home not too far from us), hilary clinton, michelle obama, the queen, DH would probably like for me to invite Sarah Evans, Kevin Costner,toby keith, the barefoot contessa, sean connery, giada, andrew lloyd webber,...gosh, i could go on & on...
i have to be able to invite some nonliving folks...princess di, elvis, mother teresa, jfk, marilyn konroe, frank sinatra,albert einstein, michelangelo... gosh i could go on & on...

OK... I read the title of this thread this afternoon but waited to read the responses because I wanted to think on it.
The ones I thought of are all dead, so they don't count. (Jane Austen, Shakespeare, C.S. Lewis)
I also thought I'd prefer someone funny, although I didn't come up with any names. But Carol Burnette and Bill Cosby (as listed above by others) would be fabulous.
Don't think I'd really pick a politician. Or an actor. Or a singer. Maybe an author I enjoy reading... Although now that Bree mentions it, it would be great to have the Dalai Lama.
So, who did I come up with? He's not that famous, but who'd I like to have is....
Swirt!

OK... I read the title of this thread this afternoon but waited to read the responses because I wanted to think on it.
The ones I thought of are all dead, so they don't count. (Jane Austen, Shakespeare, C.S. Lewis)
I also thought I'd prefer someone funny, although I didn't come up with any names. But Carol Burnette and Bill Cosby (as listed above by others) would be fabulous.
Don't think I'd really pick a politician. Or an actor. Or a singer. Maybe an author I enjoy reading... Although now that Bree mentions it, it would be great to have the Dalai Lama.
So, who did I come up with? He's not that famous, but who'd I like to have is....
Swirt!.
You crack me up
tounge_smile.gif

Swirt!.
I second that!

Unless they're paying double, who cares? They put their pants on one leg at time. They're no different from anyone else.

Swirt!.
YellowSocks said:
Swirt!
I think the reason we are not to choose dead ones is that the real ones might just show up on your door step! Many famous guests have stayed with just this group on the forum alone, so never say never is a good mantra. We could ask for a list of who's who from this group, but that could be confidential info. It is not the fame and glory aspect, it is someone whom you admire. Someone who would be fun to have stay at your place. I have had a few since opening and it is fun, it breaks up to monotony. Nothing to do with pants on one leg at a time. I am one who would not want any political person here whatsoever, although I respect "a few" I would prefer someone I just like, for lack of a better word.

Swirt!.
YellowSocks said:
Swirt!
I'll vouch for him being the kind of guest you really like to have!

Swirt!.
YellowSocks said:
Swirt!
I think the reason we are not to choose dead ones is that the real ones might just show up on your door step! Many famous guests have stayed with just this group on the forum alone, so never say never is a good mantra. We could ask for a list of who's who from this group, but that could be confidential info. It is not the fame and glory aspect, it is someone whom you admire. Someone who would be fun to have stay at your place. I have had a few since opening and it is fun, it breaks up to monotony. Nothing to do with pants on one leg at a time. I am one who would not want any political person here whatsoever, although I respect "a few" I would prefer someone I just like, for lack of a better word.
I want interesting people. I would be afraid that to real person would burst my bubble of admiration and turn out to be a self-centered jerl.
Although not famous to most here, Chris Carr is famous in the world of motorcycle racing and speed (he was the fastest man on 2-wheels for a couple years) and he stayed her to film a TV segment on my inn-to-inn package. HE and his wife were delightful. They have a son who is autistic and when we saw them a few years later at a race, I was inveted into the RV and BOTH the boys recognized me. Chris told me the younger boy was now mainstream and was where he belonged scholastically although a bit behind socially. When I told him that was better news than him being the Fastest on 2-Wheels, he beamed! THAT is the kind of people I want.

Back