Wondering about Innmates who've moved on...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't moved on but have been lurking still. I usually don't have much to say as we just have two rooms and this is going into our second year. We have just enough guests and so far been impressed with all of them. I love that they bring the world to me for I am not a traveler.
This weekend is my first "odd" food requests and in August I have my first gluten-free. But over-all it is going well and we are still glad we retired to run a bed and breakfast.
Duff, I've been wondering about you and glad you are well and busy. Enjoy your summer!.
If you want to wow your gluten free guests, use the King Arthur muffin mix or baking mix. We make waffles and pancakes with it and any type of muffin you wish. It is pretty goof proof and easy and best of all I have gotten raves on it and end up sending the extras with them.our grocery sells it, but you can also get it on line. It has made my life so much easier.
Bob'd Red Mill also has a breakd mix that is good and a brownine mix that I use instead of muffns. I have a GF coming in Monday.
I'm trying more with the 1 for 1 Bob's Red Mill baking mix (1 for 1 as in substitute for wheat flour). I've had very good luck so far.

working at a SR place in PA ....
What does this mean, please? PA I assume is Pennsylvania. But SR ?
I think cousin's BF should have been given the boot.
confused_smile.gif

confused_smile.gif
seashanty said:
confused_smile.gif
Select Registry

I haven't moved on but have been lurking still. I usually don't have much to say as we just have two rooms and this is going into our second year. We have just enough guests and so far been impressed with all of them. I love that they bring the world to me for I am not a traveler.
This weekend is my first "odd" food requests and in August I have my first gluten-free. But over-all it is going well and we are still glad we retired to run a bed and breakfast.
Duff, I've been wondering about you and glad you are well and busy. Enjoy your summer!.
If you want to wow your gluten free guests, use the King Arthur muffin mix or baking mix. We make waffles and pancakes with it and any type of muffin you wish. It is pretty goof proof and easy and best of all I have gotten raves on it and end up sending the extras with them.our grocery sells it, but you can also get it on line. It has made my life so much easier.
Bob'd Red Mill also has a breakd mix that is good and a brownine mix that I use instead of muffns. I have a GF coming in Monday.
I'm trying more with the 1 for 1 Bob's Red Mill baking mix (1 for 1 as in substitute for wheat flour). I've had very good luck so far.
I have some of that also. Perhaps will try that. Been lazy about it lately. I have all the different flours to make GF stuff, but thankfully rarely get one. Now that i have said that, I will probably get a spate of them. At least I can now get GF flour/mixes at even my local grocery.

Skamokawa said:
Bob's 1 for 1 is the best!

Duff's cousin's boyfriend was kicked out last week. Duff and her mom are up at the inn this weekend to help celebrate Grandma's 94th birthday.

It's good to know, and not a surprise, that Duff can take care of herself, and not just fume and put up with abuse. I'm sure she'll go back home once things are sorted out. A lout like cousin's boyfriend will wear on everybody in the house, and eventually he'll be told to move on..
Arks said:
A lout like cousin's boyfriend will wear on everybody in the house, and eventually he'll be told to move on.
Yes! He was kicked out. Aunt says no more boyfriends allowed there.

I have had much better luck with the Bob's 1 to 1 as well. Better flavor than the GF All Purpose Flour has a strong Garbanzo bean smell and I just don't care for the aroma

It's good to know, and not a surprise, that Duff can take care of herself, and not just fume and put up with abuse. I'm sure she'll go back home once things are sorted out. A lout like cousin's boyfriend will wear on everybody in the house, and eventually he'll be told to move on..
Arks said:
A lout like cousin's boyfriend will wear on everybody in the house, and eventually he'll be told to move on.
Lee2014 said:
Arks said:
Good riddance. I'm surprised it took 2 months!

"Duff" left the inn in New England and working at a SR place in PA. To make a long story short, cousin moved in the inn with her boyfriend who put laundry in and then left for the day (when came back he was mad someone moved his laundry) or was in the kitchen making breakfast late due to having to use the stuff NOW and not listening...that was when he wasn't drinking.... "Duff" decided enough was enough..
Lee2014 said:
"Duff" left the inn in New England and working at a SR place in PA.
Where in PA? I am up there frequently with family in central and eastern PA.

Arks said:
Lee2014 said:
Arks said:
Arks said:
Lee2014 said:
Arks said:
Duff's aunt wanted her daughter to be the one to kick him out…. she was quite blind since he was nice to her and a jerk to everyone else.

Back