wood floor care

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

promise

Reaction score
We plan on opening a B&B when we retire from teaching in a couple years. We have hard wood floors in 80% of our home. What is the best way to keep them looking nice? Is there oil that I could use. My floors look great when they have just been cleaned, but I can't clean them a couple times a day. Any advice?

We just dry swiffer/vacuum regularly and use a microfiber cloth and Method Almond wood floor cleaner when they need a good cleaning.
We had a guy refinish our floors, he said to never use anything but a mild sloution of vinegar and water and to only do that if it needed it, he said all the commercial stuff ruins your finish over time...

We just dry swiffer/vacuum regularly and use a microfiber cloth and Method Almond wood floor cleaner when they need a good cleaning.
We had a guy refinish our floors, he said to never use anything but a mild sloution of vinegar and water and to only do that if it needed it, he said all the commercial stuff ruins your finish over time....
Thank you for your help. I'm going to try those products.

We had a guy refinish our floors, he said to never use anything but a mild sloution of vinegar and water and to only do that if it needed it, he said all the commercial stuff ruins your finish over time....
Thank you for your help. I'm going to try those products.
For cleaning, I use a little Murphy's Oil Soap in water on our 100+ year old wood floors (oak & pine) which are finished with varnish. It works well but I'm careful not to get the floors very wet at all.

we put some hardwood flooring down in the breakfast room in this place. the floor was stained and sealed. it must be cleaned up every day.
there is existing hardwood floor in various places throughout.
i use polycare -- i buy the concentrate and dilute it in a spritz bottle.
first the floor gets swept, then i use the spritz and their mop kit. it's sort of like a swiffer i guess. very long handle, good swivel action, i put a washable terry cloth cover over the mop part and clean up the spritz. you just use a little. i am very happy with how this works. my son is the carpenter who installed the floor and he is happy, too.

we put some hardwood flooring down in the breakfast room in this place. the floor was stained and sealed. it must be cleaned up every day.
first the floor gets swept, then i use the spritz and their mop kit. it's sort of like a swiffer i guess. very long handle, good swivel action, i put a washable terry cloth cover over the mop part and clean up the spritz. you just use a little. i am very happy with how this works. my son is the carpenter who installed the floor and he is happy, too..
seashanty said:
first the floor gets swept, then i use the spritz and their mop kit. it's sort of like a swiffer i guess. very long handle, good swivel action, i put a washable terry cloth cover over the mop part and clean up the spritz. you just use a little. i am very happy with how this works. my son is the carpenter who installed the floor and he is happy, too.
We did the same thing...intalled wood floors in the dining room (it had been carpet). I have a floor cleaning 'system' from Bona, a Canadian company. Nice mop unit that has a washable microfiber head on it. Comes with the spritzer, too.

Back