Wrinkled sheets...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iron the sheets. Even if they are not so wrinkled they will look better and besides, it's good for your arms.
regular_smile.gif

Iron the sheets. Even if they are not so wrinkled they will look better and besides, it's good for your arms.
regular_smile.gif
OMG...I would close up shop before I would iron sheets...but that's just me!

I use Chris Madden no wrinkle sheeet form Penneys. I have used them about a year and they are great. I would say 90% of my guests ask where I got them they love them. They are so soft and are heaven to climb into. I dry only one set at a time and take them out and hang then on a hanger. I iron the pillow cases just to give them a crease so it looks like I took extra care for them. I always tell guests to never pay full price for them. They go on sale all the time for half off and then find a coupon too..
Thanks Sandy. JC Penney will be my first stop!
Head there now...or go on line..they are having a sale now.:)
I just went online and the reviews were awful. The company did post a statement saying the problems were corrected but as of 9/09 some customers were still dissatisfied. I may buy one set and see. Has anyone else had problems with this brand?
Did you look at the right one? I have not had any problems with any of mine either.

I use Chris Madden no wrinkle sheeet form Penneys. I have used them about a year and they are great. I would say 90% of my guests ask where I got them they love them. They are so soft and are heaven to climb into. I dry only one set at a time and take them out and hang then on a hanger. I iron the pillow cases just to give them a crease so it looks like I took extra care for them. I always tell guests to never pay full price for them. They go on sale all the time for half off and then find a coupon too..
I just went online and the reviews were awful. The company did post a statement saying the problems were corrected but as of 9/09 some customers were still dissatisfied. I may buy one set and see. Has anyone else had problems with this brand?
Did you look at the right one? I have not had any problems with any of mine either.
It was the link that Sandylynn put up. And it said Chris Madden sheets. I also googled JCPenny Chris Madden sheets and it came up with the same page.

It was the link that Sandylynn put up. And it said Chris Madden sheets. I also googled JCPenny Chris Madden sheets and it came up with the same page.
hmmm...I put the link there..but it was to the 500 count sheets. I don't know which Sandynn uses ...they go up to 1000 count. The ones I bought were purchased at least 6 years ago. so they are probably different than these now shown. Mine I believe are only 400 TC.

Wendyk I used to say I would never iron sheets but now that I do I would never NOT do it, here's what you can do - fold the sheet in half, then in half again, and then in half again. THEN iron it with a very hot iron on one side, fold in half with the ironed side inside and then iron the two exposed sides, fold in half again with ironed side inside and iron the 2 exposed sides (yes this was intentionally repeated) - takes me about 4 mins per sheet and they look great. I also iron pillowcases.
(and no I do not have lots of free time I am on my own and have a 2nd job .....) These are 1400 thread count and I have never had ANY thread count or sheet type come out "looking good" without ironing .. well flannel look ok but unless in a really cold location I don't like those.
The "workaround"? Febreeze. Place sheet on bed, lightly spray all over and SMOOTH with your hands .....

we use a laundry service which I love they have just collected so all the dirty's go away and come back clean and straight! woo hoo.

I wish we had a decent laundry service in the area, there is one that serves hospitals and funeral homes but they only use THEIR linens which are AWFUL. It would have cost me about $3-7/room which is WELL worth my time and my utilities ....

1. I'm an ironer .... everything gets ironed (yes - it is time consuming - and YES - in my natural habitat, nothing would get ironed). My inn is informal but (in theory) the details are not. I do (and love to do) formal turn-downs every night so while I can have fun personalizing the treats and any other extras the sheets have to be immaculate.
  2. 600 TC or above (up to 1000) so ironing is de rigueur.
  3. I tried a linen service once but I hated how the linens smelled and looked.
  4. If you can, make ironing time fun. My #1 motivation is I get to watch my guilty-secret shows that I've recorded and I can turn on the heat in the OQ.
Poor DH got YELLED at once because (as usual) I was ironing late into the night and he wanted to watch a movie with sub-titles. No, No, No, No ..... Hell NO. Sub-titles do not make a happy ironing wife.

We clean the room, change towels, do everything else, but DON'T change sheets every third day, then only do sheet changes mid-way for a 7 night or more stay.
I line dry everything & don't own an iron-tho we are in the Caribbean.. NOBODY irons sheets here, so no need for me to.
I have (most) sheets called "The Big One" from Kohls that are very soft, long lasting, a good fit & nice quality. I have some others that I've bought from different spots, but they don't stand up as well.
Good luck!

I change sheets every 4-5 days on long stay guests depending on their LOS (ie if they stay 8 nights I will change after 4, if they stay 5 I will change after 3) and once a week on monthly .. however they are always told they can have additional sheet changes on request.

Back